Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
water lines

does anyone know how the water line is routed in a 2980 RL montana? reason for asking is last night it got to about 5 degrees and the shower, wash basin, tolit water was frozen. but the kithen was ok. The outside hose was ok I had electrical tape and wrapped with insulation. I am thinking that the culprit is in the basement. I have never had this happen before even in 10 degree weather. So it looks as if the main water line comes thru the basement wall on the living room side right under the outside shower. if so I am thinking I can insulate this section. any ideas on this?
thanks
Tom

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:30 AM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Tom,
Seeing the year of your unit makes me think that your "low point drains" have frozen and are pushing ice plugs up, blocking your water?! Low points on my 2955RL stick down below the belly kinda behing the right rear tire. Get on your belly w/a hair dryer and heat them up to restore water to the bedroom fixtures. Worked for me?! Hope it does for you. Good luck.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I agree with Chris - we had the same problem once. Thaw out the low water drain and flow shouuld be restored.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Chris, thank you for the info on the water line...what you suggested was the right thing to do, for I took the hairdryer and in just a few minutes water was running in the bath area. So simple, so easily over looked! I took some pipe insulation wrap and wrapped all 3 low end drains good. there is 2 right together between the axles underneath the kitchen right where you said, and one at the back left corner of the trailer. THANKS AGAIN my friend!!
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:03 AM   #5
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Tom,
You are so very welocme! I was in your shoes in Denver at Easter '06. Came to the Forum for help w/no water in bedroom. W/in no time, 3 of 4 said hairdryer to low points! Same deal. I, too, went to Lowes for pipe wrap!!! Best wishes, and glad you got water back.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote