Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2022, 02:32 AM   #1
tgimwi

M.O.C. #31265
No power to kitchen outlets or washer . . .

I blew the breaker on my 30 amp service (twice) when I had the air conditioner on and tried to use my rice maker in the kitchen. Now, the electrical outlets in the kitchen are out, the washer and dryer do not operate and the hot water heater does not work on electric but does on gas. This does not affect the refrigerator, the fireplace, the microwave, or the air conditioner.
I checked the breaker panel in my trailer and all seems okay. What am I missing?? I have a 2020 Montana 3931fb

tgimwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:01 AM   #2
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Sounds to me like you lost one leg of the 50 amp coming into the trailer. If you're on 30 amp, then check your cord and dog leg adapter. The only way the water heater, washer and dryer and other 15 amp outlets can all be effected is if there is an one leg of the service missing, assuming all the breakers are good.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:06 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Sorry, I haven't had enough coffee yet.
If you are on a 30 amp shore power, then you only have 1 leg of 120 VAC coming in. The dog bone adapter splits this into the two legs that the 50 amp service expects, so that would be my first check. If you have power through the adapter on both legs, then check your cord. From there, check incoming power to the breaker panel inside the coach. I'll bet that one leg is dropped somewhere along that path.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:05 AM   #4
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
As Robert said - your 30A only provides 3,600 watts vs the 12,000 watts a 50A service provides. The 3,600 is shared by both legs in the RV vs the 12,000 which is split to 6,000 each leg.

If you were running 1 AC, water heater and your rice maker it was too much (if water heater was calling for power at the same time). Check your breakers and your GFI outlet(s). A tripped breaker can be hard to see in some panels so check them closely and turn to off before resetting. Also, the GFI outlets used (at least in my rig) should indicate red when tripped but I press the test button anyway and then reset. If you press test and don't see the little red light the power to or from the panel is likely the issue.
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:53 AM   #5
tgimwi

M.O.C. #31265
Yes! That worked. I replaced the adapter and all is working now.
Thank you so much for your quick replies.
tgimwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker panel, fuses, no power