Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Kudo's to Bo's RV in Midland, TX

Dan (Service Writer) and Ronnie (tech) took us in as a "walk in" (although they were days backlogged) and got us fixed in about 30 minutes and didn't even charge us !!! I love Texas hospitality and the information age! I found them on the Internet (while in transit using our aircard) and called them on the cell while about 30 minutes away. The problem was "diagnosed" over the phone and they were waiting for us when we arrived (pretty much). It wasn't exactly what they thought, but Ronnie found the problem quickly, showed me what to do next time if it happened again and even showed me how to "fix" it if it kept doing it.

After putting in a new battery and having the wheels repacked, brakes checked, etc. and loading up the TT for the trip to the Spring Rally in Tucson, I noticed when I was unplugged that NONE of the inside DC powered stuff worked, not even the igniter for the fridge. This could present an inconvenience on the road (no water pump, no propane fridge, no lights, etc), but was not about to keep us from setting out for the Rally!! Each stop, I checked something different - no fuses blown, no loose wires at the battery, no apparant grounds or wires underneath disconnected, etc. I knew the battery was good because it still operated the slide and the tongue jack which are directly connected to the battery. All the symptons were starting to indicate the power center and converter ($$$$).

While on the phone, Dan indicated our "suitcase" converter has a fuse on the backside which may have blown and that he would have time to check that but not to replace the converter if needed. As it turns out, Ronnie (for some uncanny reason I didn't understand), rather than removing the converter front and checking that fuse, he crawled under the front of the trailer and remarked that there was a BIG wire leading into the front. He went inside directly to the front undersink kitchen cabinet, found a covered "box", removed the cover and depressed a "hidden breaker" unbeknownst to me. It was a VERY small hole in the board that has the be depressed with a small screwdriver or even paperclip. He said if it continued to fail, a replacement could be bought cheaply at an auto supply and showed me how to installne if needed. Then Dan refused to charge us anything !! We've had no further outage. Ronnie said there was probably a pretty good load put on when the old battery was still installed and it was waaay low (or completely dead).

VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Van Man,

Don't ya just love Texas hospitality, friendliness, and just plain old good business sense!!!

Way to go.

They know you might be back for the big one some day, and you'll spread the word by mouth (and pen).
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
But watch their driving...
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Alright Jim.......I am going to PM your w.i.f.e. and tell her about your post on cleaning your rig.....

I was born here in Texas and want you to know that every woman Texas driver is perfect.......just ask us

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
[quote]quote:Originally posted by VanMan

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Carl - Ours is a 2000 travel trailer so you may not have anything similar, but I'll sure show you what we have.
Waynem, I already went back and spent $200+ with them. We spent the night in Midland and our toilet broke. Both pedals came "undone". It was probably a spring or connecting rod, but I went back to Bo's the next morning and bought a new taller version. I'd just as soon give them my $$$ instead of Camping World. We drove on the the new Camping World campground just north of El Paso and made the replacement there. It was every bit of a 30 minute task.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote