Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Don’t make eye contact…………

We all try to be sociable, we want to be polite, you know, the old Golden Rule, It’s what we were brought up on, do the right thing.
But sometimes, we jump into the quagmire of an eye rolling ‘how the hell do I get away from this person’ ordeal. No one wants to offend a person, or seem to be impolite. Even when the other person, well… Like this afternoon, at the Radisson in South Padre; Spring Break, when a big sweaty, stinky, drunk guy, arrived beside me. Almost like he was transported from the Star Ship Enterprise. He just un-vaporized right beside me, leaning against me every time he spoke.
I thought, where did this guy come from? Maybe if he was a ’normal’ person, he would still be a billion particles of humanity held in suspension.
I think he picked me because I was the only one in his narrow field of his perception, the ‘luck of the draw’ deal.
He proceeded to yell in my ear that his 3 sons were ‘out there somewhere, probably with a whole bunch of sexy girls’ he went on to explain that he woke this morning among a bunch of girls in his RV, all, “Stacked up like cordwood”.
I was thinking, wow, a real father figure, someone who cares for his kids and is giving them a role model to follow. They will surely achieve the social status of their dreams. Or not.
Naaa, they will have a rough time of it, no constructive lessons in life, no chance to make a good living, to build an honest lifestyle built on dependability and a mans word.
I told my new ‘friend‘, “Wow, look at the time, I have to be back at the hotel in five minutes!”
Any social situation will bring on this dilemma, Just remember to: avoid the eye contact and hope for the best…………..

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Maybe he was a Cling-on!!!!!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
LOL Ozz, now I am wondering about the time we had a drink at the Menger Hotel. LOL
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Now, Ozz always be nice to 'new friends'. After all, he may just arrive in his 'RV' and park right next to you. Just think - Trekker buddies
Bernie
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
When all else fails::Look the guy straight in the eye and state.."Hablo espanol?" or the real finisher: "Parlez vous Francois"... I would only use #2 if the guy doesnt look like he could get nasty,... You know that the reputation of some RVer's get the rest of them in trouble....
Show concern.........Act emotionally.......Feign stupidity
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:02 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Tammy, that was very clever, you have a sharp mind
msmoonsatx, I drove downtown to meet you and your wife, I enjoyed our visit, learned about your
hobby and look foreword to our next visit.
William, good advice, I enjoy meeting new people, all kinds of people. That is one of the joys of traveling as we do, but sometimes we all run into a seriously obnoxious person, my definition would be someone who grabs your arm when talking, or leans against you so hard you have to brace yourself.
(And stinks.) I wish him well, but he needs to brush up on his manners. (And hygiene)
Old 03-18-2008, 04:02 AM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Wow Ozz, you got some kinda magnetic personna there!!!!!!
You got some good ones! When are you going to start the publication?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #8
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Ozz

I realize that, and was chuckling over your magnetic personality. Actually we are sorry that you will not be able to make it to Branson after all. I'll drink a beer in your absence and just watch out for the next person that sidles up to you. We are going from Branson to Omaha to hold a small memorial service for Suanne's mother who passed away in February. When do you get back to KC? We have not yet decided our route back to San Antonio from Omaha. If you wish send me a PM.
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Well OZZ old buddy, you passed my test. I sent that one just to KEEP YOU ON YOUR POLITE TOE'S. ho ho ho

REMEMBER BRANSON IS GREAT IN 2008

safe travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ozz,
Try to remember to be on the bottom of that stack of beauties. You'll have a lot more fun getting out.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, just look at your watch or a clock and say "I didn't realize it is this late, I got to go see you later"
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:45 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good tips guys!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:48 AM   #13
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Ozz, I can understand where you coming from with a guy like that. About the same happen to me a few years back. Didnt want to be ugly to him for he was quiet a bit larger and uglier then me! So I thought for a moment as we were both drinking a beer in a little bar on the Atlantic coast at Flaggler beach Fl. So I ask, Hey by the way my friend I have caught myself short on cash, you got a couple twentys till tomorrow? Dang, he disappeared quicker then a 32oz mug of draft!!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha! Tom, you are a crafty soul. We can learn good 'stuff' from each other, on any topic.
Grey power! Monte Power!
I tell people I'm not getting older, just more experienced......
(I had to look up the word Grey, Gray looked just as good. Turns out Grey is a variation of Grey)
Oh, how I yearn for that formal education I didn't get. 8+ years of schooling and I can't even pass a grade school test on identifying a noun, verb, adjective and so on. I sat in the back of class and played grab a** in Jr. and Sr. high, barely graduated. Never took a book home.
take care, Tom. My friend Dennis is doing wood carving now, can't hardly get him away from the knife. His wife, Mary even has to go to the store alone now. It's good he has a nice hobby to keep his mind occupied. I show him your beautiful carvings.
Stay safe.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Ozz, if you ever treat me that way again I'll bring a case of beer and sit in your lawn chair to drink it all.
But, if I had known it was you I would be meeting (I couldn't see you too well) I would have taken a shower last week.
I hope to see you again SOON.
(Anonymous)
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #16
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey, if you share that case of beer..........