Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #21
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Here it is moose. We usually have a fatality or two every year due to them. Last year we had two deaths of guys driving motorcycles. The largest transport company in the province did a controlled 5 year experiment with the whistles. The result was no significant difference between trucks with the whistles and those without. While fall and spring are the worst periods the summer can be hazardous so if you are in these parts and driving at night slow down and keep those eyes on the shoulders.

Just as an aside, in New Brunswick they have fenced the most hazardous portions of the Trans Canada highway and have put in tunnels for the deer.

MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #22
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have always wondered, and hope someone can explain, how in the world do they get the deer to cross at the designated crossings? I see them all the time. You know, the yellow triangular sign with the deer jumping through the air! How do the deer know to cross at those crossings. Hmmm!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #23
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
While I was growing up in Wisconsin my dad always tried to teach me a very important lesson. More people die avoiding deer and hitting trees than die hitting deer. The lesson was, take the deer everytime. That was until he spent 6 months in Alaska. When he got home he told me to take the tree when in Alaska and rapidly approaching a moose. I thought he was kidding until I spend a few months in Alaska. If you are lucky you can break off a tree, moose don't break off... ... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #24
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
John & Cathy,
You are in Newnan?! Our store is in Newnan! Sending you a PM.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote