Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Successor to the Prodigy?

I asked for a Prodigy to be installed in our truck but got the new P3 instead. From what I can tell on the box and on the www.tekonsha.com website, it's the same as a Prodigy with a different face and user interface, plus it will control hydraulic trailer brakes as well as electric. I think they called it either "electric over hydraulic" or "hydraulic over electric" brakes.

The dealer said same price for both. I'm not sure if that's because he had the P3 in stock and maybe not the Prodigy or what. Anyhow, since many of us have recommended the Prodigy in the past I wanted to note that there is a new kid on the block. I'll find out tomorrow if it works as well as the Prodigy but I'm sure it's the same basic unit.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Suppose it's time to find out if the Ram has what it takes? Give us a report, might want to trade if it has the performance.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have used the Prodigy for all of our towing. Have owned 3 of them and we had Disk brakes on our 5er. The Mor/Ryde shop in Elkhart, Ind. installed our Disk brakes and were told the prodigy work fine with the Electric over Hydraulic disk brakes. I think for the money Prodigy is the best on market. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hmmm, I wonder what the difference is, then, between the Prodigy and the P3. Both are Tekonsha.

Charlie, tomorrow is the first day of towing with the Dodge and the first of three days between here and Gettysburg. I'll be taking it easy the first 500 miles but should get a pretty good feel for it. I know solo the truck is far quicker than any diesel truck I've ever driven.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote