Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
klandry
Established Member

M.O.C. #7783
Central West National Parks

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been on the web site. I got lots of good info a couple of years ago for our Alaskan/Western Canada trip and would like more help.

We are planning a trip through Colorado, Utah, Northern Arizona and Wyoming to visit Cheyenne Mountain State Park (The only place we have yet for reservations), Rocky Mountain National Park, Dinosaur National Park, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches National Park and Yellowstone.

We have a 2008 38' Montana so we need larger campground sites. Does anyone have any info on campgrounds or any additional parks or sites that we should visit?????

klandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If you're coming thru Kansas on I-70 and looking for a place to overnight give me an email. We'll be at our RV home base by the middle of May and you can stay on the other side of our rig (pull thru site, full hookups, 30amp) or I can give you some other good spots near or on I-70.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
We stayed at the riverside oasis rv park in Moab, UT. It was pretty good and nice size spots. Also, West Yellowstone Grizzly RV park is very nice and clean, but no wifi.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
rhidalgo
Established Member

M.O.C. #11656
Don't know your routing but highly recommend Utah Hwy 12 between Arches and Bryce Canyon. Beautiful ride! Also while in the area Zion National Park should not be skipped.
rhidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
klandry
Established Member

M.O.C. #7783
Thank you very much for your offer. Currently we are in Florida and will be headed west sometime after the middle of May. I'm still trying to organize everything. We will be traveling on RT 135 north to 70 through Kansas then west from there. Kansas will be toward the later part of May but no definite date yet. Where will you be located?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #6
klandry
Established Member

M.O.C. #7783
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by twindman

We stayed at the riverside oasis rv park in Moab, UT. It was pretty good and nice size spots. Also, West Yellowstone Grizzly RV park is very nice and clean, but no wifi.
I've heard good things about Grizzly RV Park.

We will be going through Moab so thank you about the info on Oasis RV Park. We will definately look into that.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 02:45 AM   #7
klandry
Established Member

M.O.C. #7783
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rhidalgo

Don't know your routing but highly recommend Utah Hwy 12 between Arches and Bryce Canyon. Beautiful ride! Also while in the area Zion National Park should not be skipped.
We will be on Hwy 12. I forgot to mention we would be in Zion as well. Thank you very much for your reply. Everyones help makes planning so much easier.

Karen
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
FYI
To get from Bryce to Zion you must go thru one (or more) tunnels if you take the direct route. I think they have to shut them down for a one way trip, so you have to pay a little money and I think get guided thru.
Maybe someone else has more details.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #9
klandry
Established Member

M.O.C. #7783
Quote:

FYI
To get from Bryce to Zion you must go thru one (or more) tunnels if you take the direct route. I think they have to shut them down for a one way trip, so you have to pay a little money and I think get guided thru.
Thank you for reminding me. I'll check into that.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #10
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Take your time and enjoy ALL of the Nat. Parks of S. UT. Each has it's own beauty. Explore. Kodachrome Basin S{ is pretty, too.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #11
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:

FYI
See link for Park Details
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by klandry

Quote:

I've heard good things about Grizzly RV Park.

We will be going through Moab so thank you about the info on Oasis RV Park. We will definately look into that.

Thanks
Outside of Moab is also Dead Horse Point State Park. A Beautiful State Park and a great place to catch the sunrise. Its a small campground - 21 sites - but many sites would fit you. We always stay there. Make sure your water tank is full. They have electric. Convenient to Canyonlands and Arches, about 1,000' higher than Moab so is not as hot. Usually need to book several months in advance.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #13
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223

[/quote]

Outside of Moab is also Dead Horse Point State Park. A Beautiful State Park and a great place to catch the sunrise. Its a small campground - 21 sites - but many sites would fit you. We always stay there. Make sure your water tank is full. They have electric. Convenient to Canyonlands and Arches, about 1,000' higher than Moab so is not as hot. Usually need to book several months in advance.
[/quote]

We're staying at Dead Horse Point SP this coming May and I gotta tell ya, I am pretty "psyched" about it! Look at it on Google Earth. Thanks for the info.
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote