Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Blizzards, snow, ice?, visit with the Ozzman....

I was biking down the island today, I saw a couple with back packs ahead of me, they were resting and talking. A pair of 'Goth' people, young, Red and Pink hair, big holes in their ears, high laced, Black boots, bolts in their noses. As I passed he said something funny to her, (probably about me...) she laughed and said; "you're so wierd..." I laughed for the next 10 minutes!
I came back after my trip down the island and stopped at the beach, for a few late afternoon pictures for you.

Hope this warms you up a little.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Nice! I needed that...we are enduring -15 air temps as I type this here in Minnesota. My DW and I are asking ourselves why it is we continue to subject ourselves to this brutal weather.

Lack of bugs...that's it...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
OZZ, don't you love how graceful those pelicans hit the water? Sometimes I think there gonna stick that long bill in the sand.

Well, from the looks of the overflow, I would assume the park filled up. DW and I were wondering the other day if fuel costs might effect travel to that area. I know we see lots of RVs still in storage lots here. I'm assuming they are for folks that didn't make it down this year. I talk to folks here that say they are staying permanent, and some that are selling their RVs and won't return. There's still plenty here though!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ozzie, we talk more and more about moving further South, now we would love to move to Austin. I stayed in K.C. because of the A/C heat-Electrical business, but now we can move, IF I can sell my home, and get rid of all my business stuff.
Will, I love to see the Pelicans fish, I wonder about the dives too.
Early in the season, I though they would be really empty here, but it seems like there are plenty of people constantly coming.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 AM   #5
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Ozz man that sure looks great! got up this morn in fla 60 degrees, But nothing beats Texas! I love the Hill country of Texas also, but that really looks terrific where you are at. Keep up the great reports! guess I'll be a "winter Texan" again next winter if God willing!! I miss it. good luck!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:01 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Tom. I hope you make it down here.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:27 AM   #7
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:42 AM   #8
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Nice place where you are wintering Ozz. Hopefully next year, we may be down there or in RGV of Texas.

We seem to have our weekly snow storms here and zero temps to go with it.
Wish we were there!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Great pics Ozz, we wish we were there too! I think even Patti is finally getting tired of this weather. Hopefully next year!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 AM   #10
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
Thanks for the pics Ozz. SPI (South Padre Island) has always been our favorite place. Before we got the RV used to stay in the condos on the beach. We were at the KOA for 3 weeks over Christmas and came home mid Jan. Sure had a good time, weather was great, fishing was good, met a lot on nice people. Even helped you load a washer/dryer into your PU one afternoon. We will be back, may be in April/May for a month. October has been our favorite month with no crowds and beautiful weather. Will probably stay in your park the next time down. Thanks for the pics once again. Keep up the good work!!

Rob
Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rob, it was nice of you to help with the heavy W/D, you two are just the kind of people we all love to know here on the Forum. You will always have a chair on our patio.
Stay safe out there. We will head out in April, so I will turn the Island keys over to you guys.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Thanks Ozz. Now I'm sweating! Guess I'll have to go outside and stand barefoot in the snow to cool off!!!!!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote