Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
As to the 'headboard'...and bedroom 'curtains'

Do you really truly find it necessary to use the 'fabric' from the bedspread...could you please just come up with a 'solid' or at the 'most' a 2 color fabric...

I really hate being 'stuck' with fixing up the bedroom based on a bedspread that will have a much 'shorter' lifespan than the headboard and curtains...will have but unfortanately I am stuck with until 'their' time???

Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Summer,

The headboard attaches to the wall with just a few screws (think it was 4), the curtains come down quite easily and could be replaced with inexpensive but attractive NEW drapes or just toppers. I ditched the bedspread for something new, as have many of the MOC people.

Don't be afraid to pull out the stuff you don't like and add what you do!

Cheers,

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I agree with the above. I used to have difficulty uprooting perfectly healthy plants at the stick house that I didn't like. I got over it and if I was not getting the affect I wanted, I ripped it out and put what did look right to me.

We have the same attitude with the RV. It is our home now and we will make it like we want it.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Thanks all...

but if ya don't mind my asking...how 'obvious' are the 'screw' holes...and just how does the bed...'blend' (for lack of a better word)...without the dreaded headboard??
Old 05-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I think Steve R had replaced his also - he has pictures - looks really good. We have found wood putty covers anything if done right and patience is used. We don't mind our headboard but if you do, you should do something. No company can please everyone. When our bedspread wears out I plan on replacing the headboard with a wood one, the bedspread with a comforter and may leave the curtain alone or may replace with matching fabric.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:15 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Summer,

Cannot help you with how obvious, sorry, as I ordered Montana WITHOUT headboard installed. It took residence in the pole barn,Al looked at it the other day and told me cause we stood it up, it now has a nice curve to it. Garbage time.

It looks bland without the headboard, but Al likes is that way, I would love a WOOD looking one, John and Marge (can never remember their MOC name) have one that John made, let me tell you, that thing is GORGEOUS! Sorta Mission styled. John, tell us about it!

Wood putty to fill holes, yep!

Who was it made a fabric headboard with family photos behind plastic? WOWIE, that was such a cute solution to headboard.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:59 AM   #7
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
You can feel the screws under the fabric. They may be up against the puffy part of the headboard. Easier to conceal. Go to my pictures and you can see how we did ours. The material can be anything you like. We just tore the other one apart and used it for a backer. Then used the filler under the muslin. A good staple gun and some patience is all it takes. Good luck.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Carol ... John's user name is JLBOZ60 (I think that's right) and he's made some beautiful changes to their rig! And, since I just saw the famous picture headboard live and in person about 10 days ago, I know it was Judy, jrgwdenner (I think I'm close on that) ... and it is cute ... very clever.

We haven't replaced our headboard, but we did replace the bedspread. I've stacked so many pillows against the headboard (six total) that it can't even be seen so I don't have to deal with it. But I agree with Carol ... I imagine it would be pretty simple to remove the headboard and recover it. I think Steve has used some white filler-inner-stuff of some sort on the little holes in the wall.

As everyone said ... do your own thing ... make your Montana YOUR Montana!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For the holes I just used that really lightweight "spackling" although it's not spackling. It's in the same area as spackling at Lowe's and HD. It does not expand so if you do it right there's no sanding. Goes on with the tip of my finger. It's really easy and looks good. When you pick up the little plastic can of spackling it feels extremely light. That's how you can identify it. Sorry, we're not in our Montana tonight so I can't find the name and am not sure I still have some.

Edited -- It's DAP "Fast and Final"
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #10
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
To All:

Here is the link to the previous post on similar topic. Found it under Search for "headboard".

http://montanaadministrator.forumco....~headboard.asp

Hope this helps.

Bruce
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Vicki, for your kind words about our headboard. We really do enjoy the homey look of our bedroom. We just spent a week with our two granddaughters so we have new pictures to add.

As Greta knocks more and more of the drapery lower brackets out, we may have a new look in the LR, too. I hate the "motel" fabrics that are used in Montanas.

By the way, it is really easy to remove the headboard...just take out the screws. It is very light weight.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #12
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Wow....thanks all...so much help...and different ways of making 'me' happy..(which is a good thang lol)...

I really like the 'wood' headboard idea...as well as the 'picture' headboard idea...