Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2021, 06:32 AM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
One Week Later - Splindide Install

One week later after this forum post: Initial report from Splindide install, I now have questions about the Splindide Stackable Washing Machine / Dryer.

For the most part, the washing machine is working great. However, I am bewildered why, sometimes, the cycle (it does this on several of them), will get down to 1 minute remaining, and it will go into a spin and stay there, spinning for a long time. At first, I killed the machine. But later decided to just it go until it finished on its own. Sometimes, it would stop spinning, then go into a slow drum roll, then pick up speed again, then go full speed, then stop again and repeat. It did this like 3 times ... all standing on the 1 minute time remaining. My only guess is, the load was unbalanced and the machine was trying to fluff out the balance? Is this what's happening?

Next, yesterday (Saturday), we got two error codes that kept popping up. E2 and F7, flashing back and forth. After about the third time that happened, I followed the directions of the manual, flipped the power breaker, waited a couple minutes, then started all over. It seemed to clear it up after that. I searched the internet, high and low, looking for what those error codes mean for the Splendide WLF 1300XD model.

My guess is, we did too many loads in a row and we were using hot water. And my guess is, the sensors in the machine didn't recognize the water was hot enough (Hot water in a 10 gallon water heaters doesn't last very long). When we flipped it over to all cold wash, we did not get the error again.

Anyway, is this a learning curve? or is are these issues a concern for a real manufacturer defect with the washing machine. FYI, on my Montana, there is a separate dedicated 20 amp breaker, one for the washing machine, and one for the dryer. I am running power at home, 50 amp service, and do have a Progressive portable EMS plugged in, so I don't think low voltage is an issue, otherwise the Progressive would have killed the entire trailer.

Well, other than baby-sitting the Splendide, it does work nice. I just can't figure out these little querks. So any help is greatly appreciated.'

Suggestions? Thoughts?

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #2
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
I would bet that like any front loader the time is an estimate and there is a water sensor and when it spins it is still getting water this it keeps spinning till it gets below the threshold to stop.

As for the error codes just give tech services a call and see what they say.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Call Splendide, they are very knowledgeable and helpful. We have had three Spendides, one combo and two stackables. The only problem we ever had was a dryer belt broke on our current model. Since a mud wasp had built a nest that did not let the dryer vent open, I'm not sure it was the dryer's fault for the belt to break.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:25 PM   #4
IRollman
Established Member

M.O.C. #22976
Over the years, I've actually replaced two dryer belts in different units. I think it's a thing. Not overly difficult, except extracting the dryer from the closet.
IRollman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:58 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Well, since someone posted on this thread again, I'll give a follow up.

I did call Splendide and they have me a run around as far as a service center. Where I live, there are none. The closest one was over a hundred miles.

We were leaving, again, on the road for another several week trip. The Splendide rep gave me the name of a couple companies that serviced Splendide that was near our route. It would have just meant driving there, letting them fix the apparent 'easy" fix and be on our way.

When I called both places to make appointments, they both told me they don't service Splendide any more. Considering we were now traveling, we decided to wait till we finally got back home and then contact the one service center closest to home.

It didn't happen. We ended up staying on the road longer than we expected. (several weeks acteually), and just kept experimenting with the washer.

I think we (well, actually my wife), has it figured out. The actual load amount is very touchy. Too much, or too little and the machine errors out. She finally got the right "balance" (literally), and we've not had problems since. It took about 5 months of trial and error, but the error codes have gone away.

We also learned there can be electrical frequency interfearances that cause the error too. For some reason at home, when I park the camper on it's "exact" spot, it error out. When I moved the camper forward 5 feet, it does not error. I am parked close to our outside main electric panel. So, a combination of things, a bit of experimentation, and things are working quite well now.

Haven't had any errors for a long, long time now.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote