Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2022, 04:43 PM   #21
imolared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21609
Our 2020 had the same problem around the door handle
Does anyone know of a thin 3/8 by 3/8 clear corner that could be installed along the full length of the door. I would install on all 4 corners

imolared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:13 PM   #22
grass man
Established Member

M.O.C. #24971
I just did this fix today for the peeling bath door. $3.50 for a 4 foot piece self adhesive at Home Depot. I used a dremel to trim around door hardware.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220214_191024.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	11297   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220214_191003.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	11298  
grass man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 08:17 PM   #23
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Resurrecting this older thread…the peeling paper veneer is REALLY getting to DW. I have been instructed to find doors with real wood veneer to replace these pieces of CRAP! Can’t say I blame her - but since I have to do the shopping and installation work - my tolerance for “enough is enough” is higher than hers - but you know the drill. I have my marching orders.

I have tried contact cement. Results are sketchy. The clear plastic corner guard as suggested below will not work on the half bath door because it is already a tight fit and will strike the door frame. We use the half bath everyday so the peeling veneer is front and center all day long. The bedroom door is seldom used or touched but it looks wrinkly and bad. The sliding bathroom door is another source of daily consternation for the peeling paper veneer.

Has anyone come up with a good fix for the peeling paper veneer?
I will start looking for real wood veneer doors for the bedroom and slider for the bathroom. I will not be able to keep the ships door for the half bath due to internal considerations for the special hardware. I suppose I will convert it to a swing door.

By the way - the OEM T-bolt recently failed and I replaced it wit Daryles suggestion to use 1/4” x 1-1/2” stainless counter-sunk bolt with a nylon nut + a bit of silicone to keep it from coming loose. It was a bit of a task to seat the nut into the door-top carriage - but it works smother than ever. Now the DAMN paper veneer is a real pain in my rear. Thanks Montana. I will guess that 3 real wood veneer doors would have run the sticker price up by $300 to $500. NO BIG DEAL! You guys should consider this change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1592.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	14912  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 10:57 PM   #24
Rnjmurray
Established Member

M.O.C. #32951