Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #1
jfbritt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23856
Hydraulic Slide Information

I have a 2011 Montana Mountaineer, 295RKD. It has two (2) hydraulic driven slides, living area and bedroom. When I press the button to extent the slides an electric motor with an attached hydraulic pump located in the front storage compartment starts and the slides extends. Magic.

The slides are manufactured by Lippert Components. I have queried Lippert Components and researched their internet site but can find no specific information or diagram on the integration of the hydraulic driven slide system.

If I understand how this system works, the hydraulic motor pushes the hydraulic fluid to the respective slides and this engages an actuator or motor which extends or retracts the slides. The bedroom slide extends first, then the living area slide.

Can anyone provide any insight or a diagram of the Lippert Components hydraulic slide system, how it is integrated and the components that drive the slides?

jfbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:06 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Not sure what you are asking about, integration, but the pump spins in one direction to push the fluid into hydraulic rams that are connected to the slides and pushes them out. Pushing the switch in the other direction spins the pump in the opposite direction which pushes fluid into the other end of the hydraulic rams which pushes the slides back in. There is information and manuals on the Lippert web site, www.lci1.com.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
jfbritt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23856
Bob & Becky, Thanks for the reply. Your explanation helps in understanding how the Lippert Components Hydraulic Slide System works. I been to the Lippert internet site. They provide information one each individual part of the system, the motor/pump, the living area slide, and bedroom slide. I found the manuals for each installed component. What I can not find is a diagram on how all the individual parts are connected.

From your explanation, I think I may be able to construct one. The 12v battery system is connected to the hydraulic motor. When the motor is engaged it forces hydraulic fluid to each slide hydraulic ram which pushes or retracts the slide on its corresponding rail system. The hydraulic ram is the component that pushes or retracts the slide. The hydraulic pump and hydraulic slide rams are connected through pressurized tubes. Is this an accurate representation? Are there any other significant components I would need to show on my diagram.

With my RV, when the hydraulic motor/pump is engaged the bedroom slides moves first, then the living area slide. Do you have any insight on how the hydraulic tube from the pump are connected to the individual slide rams? What I mean is, is there a single tube that goes to the bedroom slide first, then to the living area slide and ends? Or are there two (2) tubes, one that goes to the bedroom slide and one that goes to the living room slide?

Sorry for being a nuisance, just trying to understand how the system works.
jfbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There are hydraulic lines to each ram. The system is based in an equal pressure concept. As the pump pressure to extend or retract is increased, the rams will all try to match the supply pressure. The result is the lightest weight slide will move first followed by the next heaviest one

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #5
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
Is there a specific reason why you are looking for this info? Are you trying to isolate a slide or something like that?

To me, you push a button and the slides go out/in and I'm happy. And I can isolate them from the panel outside. Life is good.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
On my 2007 the outlet from the pump goes to a manifold with round knobs to turn to manually isolate individual slides if desired. From that manifold there is a separate hydraulic line to each slide (3 in my case). If you do not have switches inside to isolate slides, look near your pump for a similar manifold.

And as Carl noted above, my slides always go in order of lightest to heaviest.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
On units with more than 2 slides and the isolation manifold ... actually there is a separate line going to the extend side of the cylinders while the retract side is a single line T'd at each slide cylinder, then directly attached to the farthest cylinder. Keystone saved money that way ... Ha!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote