Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Anybody else have "Easy Care" for a warranty?

So at the time I bought our used 2019 trailer, I was talked into buying a warranty from Easy Care ($2076.00), which is outside of the manufacturers warranty, and good for 4 years. I bought the warranty package that says "Total Care." The Total Care package checks every box on what could go wrong on our rig, which includes the slides. Well is just so happens, my bedroom slide and the kitchen slides have gouged my floors. I made a call to Easy Care and was told they do not cover any floor damage, nor will they cover the issue of the slides, which caused the damage. It appears to me the Total Care package was a "Total Waste" of my time and money. Anybody else have or have used this lame company for any warranty claims? As of now I'm paying out of pocket to adjust the slides, permanently protect the floor from the slides, and have the floor repaired.

I just went on the Better Business Bureau site about this company, and like many others, it gets horrible reviews. An average of 1.18 out of 5 stars. I left a review myself. Avoid this company at all costs.

2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:45 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I had two EZ-Care packages and never had anything denied. I have had slides removed and repaired, grey and black tanks replaced along with 4 or 5 gate valves, 5 BAL cables replaced on the bedroom slideout, a Norcold refer replaced due to a crack in the plastic case and many more problems. I have to admit my dealer did most of the negotiating with them. My original plan cost $1,200 and my second was $1,600. I have receipts for over $12,000 worth of repairs. YMMV

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Carl, I'm glad you had your stuff repaired and definitely got your initial money recouped many times over.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:46 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Can't speak for an RV but I bought EasyCare Total Care for my wife's Expedition a number of years ago. That's what the Ford dealer was pedaling at the time. She said she wanted it, so I had no choice.

Didn't have to use it but a couple times or so and never a question on covering whatever it was I had done. I ask a service tech the difference between EasyCare and the actual Ford ESP. He said they both were very good and the only real difference was with EasyCare they had to call to get permission for the repair and with the Ford ESP they could just go ahead and do the repairs.

I was going to say I am surprised RV manufacturers don't offer multi year ESPs as they are a profit center for auto dealers and manufacturers. But then I thought, RVs seem to have a LOT more repairs done than a truck or car so maybe more of a risk and the price to cover that risk would not be appealing to a buyer.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:54 PM   #5
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Good Sam denied slide repairs twice even tho they say the cover slide outs.. Dont buy Good Sams.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:50 PM   #6
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
I have the same coverage on our new Monty. Haven't had to use it yet. I do know that my dealer made me buy these.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/AP-Pr...CABEgIHKPD_BwE

It's a know problem that slides out of adjustment will cause damage to the vinyl flooring.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:52 PM   #7
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Dealers sure push extend warranties! Never bought one on anything, not a camper, vehicle, dishwasher, nothing! I’m way ahead! Told the finance guy pushing when I bought long ago if he felt it was needed so badly his product must be junk. Dealers often make as much on finance and warranties as they do on the camper being sold.
The last 5 years no one has been able to come close to Natl Gen insurance through CW, not even independents with same company quotes. I do my own 18-24 month financing on campers now. My 2022 will be paid in July, purchased in November so 9 months.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:04 PM   #8
Doug Brown
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10001
What piece of junk did you buy. Why does this keep happening over and over again with something wrong with the rig?
Doug Brown is offline   Reply With Quote