Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2007, 05:01 AM   #61
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Does Trailer Life One line show KOA campgrounds? and if not how come.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #62
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
F Y I - I just checked online for KOA of Spokane and it is listed. My guess is that TL Directory does not have the current info on Destination SPI. The website for SPI shows that it is a KOA.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #63
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Steve, That poor palm tree is in definite need of surgery, possibly transplant and CPR for sure. Maybe even an orthopedic surgeon :-).
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #64
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It could even fall into the 'Trauma center' category. Enough to make an Arborist cry..........
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #65
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don, I don't know what TL One is but the TL Directory does show KOA's.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #66
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:Trailer Trash 2 Posted - Feb 07 2007 : 12:01:48 PM
Does Trailer Life One line show KOA campgrounds? and if not how come.
Quote:
quote:sreigle Posted - Feb 08 2007 : 9:54:08 PM
Don, I don't know what TL One is but the TL Directory does show KOA's.
Steve, when I first read Trailer Life One, I was confused too. I think he meant Trailer Life Online Directory. I found TL Online Directory does show KOA CGs, just not So. Padre Island. SPI's website shows it as a KOA CG.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:40 AM   #67
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Don. It doesn't take much to confuse me!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #68
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
We have stayed at half a dozen KOAs usually when just staying overnight and most were OK although the sites were a bit small. I never found them dirtier than the average campground.

The one exception is the KOA at Waves in North Carolina. We have stayed there a couple of times for a week or so and the people were nice, the sites were fine and the price was typical for the area. It's just a quarter mile from Camp Hatteras which is a five start RV resort. We have stayed at both and they are not all that different! Last fall we stayed at Camp Hatteras again because the prices at KOA Waves had gone higher.

I don't go looking for KOAs on my trips, but I don't avoid them either. It's uncanny how often you find a KOA right where you need to stop for the night!
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:44 AM   #69
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
We have made two visits to the KOA in Mercer/Grove City, PA in the last two years - one a long weekend and last summer, a two week stay. We had a great time on both occasions. The pic in my signature line is at the Mercer/Grove City KOA. Our experiences with other KOAs has been less than inspiring.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:41 AM   #70
madeforeachother
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6748
We also came to believe that KOA is way overpriced for their sites and will use them only as a last resort. They are good for families with children and the only thing we have used was the pool and hot tub. The Billings, Montana KOA was acually the first KOA campground in the U.S.A.
madeforeachother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #71
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Can someone correct me. I though all but a few KOA's were locally owned. It is a franchise like holiday inn's were and BurgerKings, McDonnell's. I say that because all the ones I have stayed at were. And when I checked into it few years ago about owning one. They sent me the package. And it was definitely private owned but contract of the standards to be maintained and finance help it needed. But all fees charged would be mine. But with franchise fee's due.

But there were some big ones in high dollar areas that were KOA owned and managed.

ken

PS.. Have stayed in that Cherokee KOA at Cherokee NC (Smokey Mountains) Had good time freaking the Vietnamese's employee's out every time I heard them talking down the dumb Americans in their language. After all these Years found out I could still speak and understand it. But the Park was great and they had a free bus shuttle.

Ken
keham is offline   Reply With Quote