Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2006, 02:29 AM   #41
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have been mulling over the need for a 2nd FF in the shower area.With Helen's retirement our "time in Camper" will greatly increase and moisture is a problem in campers.One of the reasons we purchased the Montana was the attic vents and the improved moisture venting they provided. We do however agree with Steve. R on the FF. Think we will install a muffin fan in the vent near the shower for added venting and see how that wotks out.We do have the FF in the kitchen area.We also have the 2nd A/C and have not yet seen the need to use it for additional cooling even in temps in the high 90's and humidity to match. The primary A/C did a good job..Of course there are some parts of the country where 3 A/ C's would not be enough.

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:29 AM   #42
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

Steve,
Are you going to change out your watercloset fan with a quite computer fan again?? If so, might you be doing that at the rally?? =)

2004 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL
Dave, no. A very pleasant surprise on the new one is that the water closet fan is really quiet! Likewise for the range hood fan. I have already purchased two fans, assuming I'd want to change them out. If you want one, it's yours. Maybe we can install it at the rally, if you want.

In our prior Montana I added a manual Fantastic Fan in the hall vent in the bath area. In the new one we had them put the auto FF in the kitchen vent. We found the water closet fan does a fine job of venting shower moisture. And we found that in cool and cold weather the FF moves too much air and would make me shiver when exiting the shower when wet. So we ended up using the w/c fan anyhow. The FF is good also for moving air in the bedroom when the outside weather is appropriate, as someone said they want to do. But that is true whether the FF is upstairs or downstairs.

I'm not familiar with the maxxaire fan but our FF's have always been pretty quiet except maybe when running at full speed. All of ours have been reversible. Now I want to hear a maxxaire run.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #43
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Based on all the good info in this thread, I'm now thinking of starting off with the OEM FF in the kitchen ceiling and a small "computer-type" fan in the vent between the shower and the bath as a means of exhausting shower moisture? I can always upgrade later to a FF or MaxxAire fan in the shower vent if the little computer fan doesn't handle the load. Any downside to this approach?

And any particular model of computer fan that people would either recommend getting or recommend staying away from?

David and Jo-Anna Kikel
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #44
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
Well I thought I would confuse things a little more. We have 3 auto f. fans. One in the living area, one outside the wc and one over our bed. In addition, we also have our bedroom wired for the 2nd air. We really don't think we will need the 2nd air now because the 2 ffs work so well in our bedroom area.

06 3670 Montana, MorRyde suspension, King Dome Satelite, 5500 onan propane generator
05 dodge 4x4 turbo diesel, six speed
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #45
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
David, we just open the potty room door, raise that vent and turn on its fan. It does a credible job of venting moisture when showering. For us, anyhow. You could always add a fan in the other vent later if you're not satisfied. In other words, you might want to try the OEM equipment before spending $. Just a suggestion.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #46
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Just how quiet is your range hood fan, Steve??? I will want mine switched out if they have come up with something better than an "airplane" fan we now have... Also curious about your WC fan. That might be the same. Ours is not too loud.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #47
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Steve,
I would love to purchase one of those fans from you. If you would not mind, I would sure love some help changing the water closet fan out. The shoulders are healing, but working overhead is still an issue.

2004 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote