Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #21
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Paid $3.70 last night in Spokane, WA.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #22
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
When we arrived in Parker Az about a month ago diesel was $2.84. We filled the truck the other day and it was $2.99. On the trip here we paid more than that at every stop.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #23
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Clutch now that your in Az you can pick up the transfer flow tank and have enough fuel to maybe make the round trip on "cheap" fuel. ha ha
Chuck
ps no such thing as "cheap" fuel. some places just cost less than others.
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Don't know why the trucking industry doesn't shut down and get the prices back down. There should be no reason for Diesel to be more expensive than regular, since it cost less to refine diesel.

Semper Fi!
Simple, The truckers can now add the cost of fuel to their delivery costs as a surcharge. Washington gave them this in order to shut them up years ago when they last shut down.
Face it folks we are on our own on this one.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The price of fuel is not a problem to many folks here.We unfortunately are not one of them.The diesel is parked and I am using the Civic. Trying to save up for the trip to Flordia which could be at 4.00 per gallon Diesel.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 AM   #26
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

Paid $3.70 last night in Spokane, WA.
So much for my theory that there wasn't anywhere more expensive than California to live!
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:26 AM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We are glad we got to FL for the winter when we did (good luck, Rich). We are now parked. We have our 30 mpg Park Ave back from friends who kept it all summer for us down here. We pay for our electric, which we can control to some extent. Cost us $592.75 in diesel to get here from N. MI (11 days through the Smokies). Having a second vehicle here will be a real help this winter, I believe...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:07 AM   #28
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Fed meets tomorrow and economists are expecting another 1/4 percent rate reduction. They see something coming as well and are trying to fend it off; that said, as Rich mentioned several posts ago --- everything we get is either trucked or railed in and those vehicles burn diesel. The government allows the truckers to pass on any fuel charge increase they incur so it is us, the consumer who pays -- prices already going up in all stores -- food, clothing, housing repair materials. You name it, the price is going up and talking to local Hardware store manager yesterday (a local retailer, not a big-box store), he is looking at closing because he can't pass on the increases he is seeing and still be competitive with big-box stores. He has survived for 4 plus years since one opened locally but the price increases he is seeing from transportation charges are eating him alive -- think I said that.

In any case, I just attended a Graduate Student presentation (defending his Doctorial thesis) on the 'working poor'. The 'Middle-Class' is dying off. Because of rising energy prices,and all the tag-along increases, wage increases are unable to keep up with the increases in the market place. A very interesting presentation and quite applicable to what is being said in this thread.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hey Dave..You having a second fuel efficient vehicle(compared to the truck) is a good thing since we will be your neighbors plan on us going everywhere you go.....Skypilot..good to see that someone else understands and accepts the reality of the "big picture" and it is not a pretty picture. Folks only see the fuel price increases at the pump and take a "don't worry about it" attitude but it is the "tag along increases" that will, as you say, eat us alive...We have nowhere to pass along price increases and our salary increase will be 2.3%.....
Old 10-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #30
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Rich, Why not a attitude?

As you say "We have nowhere to pass along price increases and our salary increase will be 2.3%"

So if there is nothing we can do about rising prices I say "don't worry about it". It may or may not ever go away and I for one can not tear myself up worrying about something I have no control over.
As Bobby McFerrin once sang....

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy

In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy

The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy

Look at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy

Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy

Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note

Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy

Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is

Don't worry, be happy.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #31
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Actually Glenn and others..We don't worry about it because, as you say, there is nothing we can do about it. We are more angry than anything else because we had a dream , a great adventure that we would experience in our retirement..now we realize that the great adventure will be a greatly scaled down version of the one we had planed and saved for. We will not give up till there are no other options. We will work at Disney, we will work anywhere . we will do what we have to do to realize as much of our great adventure as we can. The saying that hung over my desk was..."if you want something bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen" so be it...
Old 10-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #32
05WAF350
Established Member

M.O.C. #6351
Well, in the Kitsap County Washington region we are paying between 3.52 to 3.79 a gallon. I guess I have to be thankful, my 1978 Ford had 2 aux tanks so I held 100 gallons of regular gas and I thought back then it hurt the wallet, glad I do not hold 100 gallons of diesel, just 38.
05WAF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #33
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Now more than ever gas stations need to get rid of the $75 at the pump limit!
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #34
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Yes, the $75 limit is a joke. I contested one of the oil companies and I was told that the limit was imposed by my bank to protect my credit card. I asked the bank about it and their basic answer was Bull .... !!!!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #35
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I just don't want to talk about it it gets me to angry

Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #36
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:Trailer Trash 2 Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 4:48:50 PM
I just don't want to talk about it it gets me to angry
Don, I couldn't agree with you more. It really upsets me to think that it is the cheapest to refine and it is the most expensive to buy.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #37
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Gas went up 46 cents a gallon here today//it is now 299.9 it was 253.9 this morning when I filled the small school bus. Diesel remains at 329.9..what will tomorrow bring.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #38
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Tomorrow will bring us all to the local fuel station carrying signs that read - 'will work for fuel'
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #39
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
$3.32 +/- between Gettysburg, Pa and Rochester, NY. Had my first $106.00 bill and the pump shut off at 100. So even 100 is too little.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #40
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Notice what is happening to big oil's profits. They control supply, refining capacity, distribution and price. They know where the market is going. Most oil wells will show a profit at less than $15 a barrel, many at less than $10. This is from a study by a national energy watchdog.

As to demand, GM is trotting out a new diesel engine for smaller trucks and the Hummer. Others are getting ready to introduce small diesels into the auto market as they have already done in Europe. Diesels burning ULSD (Ultra low sulfur diesel) are more efficient and produce less pollution. In Canada, the federal government has legislated that bio-diesel must be used at mixtures of 2% by 2012 and 5% by 2015 (Dates may be a bit off. I am working from memory). It costs less to produce the oil used in bio-diesel mixtures than to make ethanol used in gasohol. Emissions standards will get higher.

The truth is that we can expect to pay more as supplies get tighter, for whatever reason. Our overall standard of living may shrink a bit but since we are better off than 90% of the other people who inhabit this rock I think I will still get up every morning and thank my maker that I live here and not there. Here is what the other top 10%'ters are paying.

http://goeurope.about.com/od/transpo...gas_prices.htm
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote