Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
Montana_4097

M.O.C. #4097
How do you get the TV out?

Just picked up our new 2006 3400RL and spent our first 10days trying it out. Most everything worked fine. That temp control unit on the wall is something, but I think I've got it figured out. I need to hook up my DirecTV Receiver and can't figure out how to get the TV out so I can run cables to the back of it. I sure hope I don't have to dismantle the cabinet. Can you help?

PS. I think this Forum is the greatest thing. Am I very going to enjoy this.

Montana_4097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ralph
Welcome. You don't need to take out the TV. In the cupboard above the TV where the DVD player is there should be hook ups for your DirecTV. They are already hooked up to the TV. Your dealer should have shown you this during your walk through. If you can't find it, call your dealer for help.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Will second Parrothead, all your connections are right there in the cabinet with your dvd.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
The Wind
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4200
Unless you ave the problem that we have. Our t.v. is not hook-up to the surround sound or the DVD player. Seems that someone forgot to hook it all up. We are taking it back to the dealer to get that and a few minor problems fixed before we go to Indiana.
The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
To remove the TV look in the cabinet above and to the side of the TV. We have a different model so it might be a little different..... but there should be some screws going down to hold the TV in place. Also same thing from one side..... On the bottom there are a couple of brackets. Loosen and or remove the screws and the TV should be free to move around.

Having said that... like others have already indicated.... you should already have cables connected ..... all you should need to do is just figure out which cable goes where...... Ours were connected but nothing was marked..... Gets confusing when you have to connect additional devices.... Good luck..

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:13 AM   #6
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
To remove the TV in the 3400 you will need to take out the fireplace to access the 2 hold down screws that secure the bottom of the TV.
There are 4 wooden plugs on the front of the fireplace, remove them and you can then remove the fireplace hold down screws. It sound worse then it is....I had to do this, when they worked on my TV cable connections, they forgot to secure the TV button hold down screws. It's about a 45 minute job. If you don't have a fireplace It would probably be a simpler job.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:30 AM   #7
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
On our 2001 3280RL the TV is wedged into the cabinet. No screws and can't see where any were ever there. Made me a little nervous but it doesn't move? And if it did going down the road the slide would catch it (I think).
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:40 AM   #8
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
In addition to the taking out the fireplace, you have to take out the center speaker so you can access a set screw holding the TV in place. Its not a problem. Just remember that the framework is pressed board and can split if your not carefull. Our 3475 is the same as the 3400 and I had to do the same thing when I replaced the am/fm system with a SONY.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren VA
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500HD GMC Crewcab Duramax w/edge
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
Montana_4097

M.O.C. #4097
Okay, thanks guys, I'll have to take it in to the dealer, cuz, there are no audio or video cables coming up from the TV. Have one going from DVD to the TV, but that's it. Thanks again. I really don't want to mess with the fireplace unless that's the last recourse.
Montana_4097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ralph
Do you have a connection on the outside that says satellite ?
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:31 AM   #11
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Rustybus
You should have four cables coming from your TV. One is the standard antenna cable. The other three go to your DVD player. Your Direct TV receiver also has three jacks in it. One for the satellite cable that connects through the wall from the outside unless you have a satellite antenna mounted on the roof. The other two is an input and output for your standard TV antenna. Route your standard TV antenna into the input and another cable in the output. That goes to the TV or use the one coming from your tv into the output. sometimes you have to have a junction connecting an extension cable to the tv cable.(radio shack)
We have the same setup in our 3475 and I take the receiver from our bedroom and use it in the RV. I also have a VHS player between the Direct TV reciever and the TV. We have a satellite mounted on the roof so everything is connected all the time. We used to carry a second antenna, but never used it. If you need more information, my email address is kv_taylor@hotmail.com
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren Va
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500 HD GMC Duramax with Edge

ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:03 AM   #12
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Ralph, the best way that I found is to run a cable from the sat. to the back of the receiver( sat. in jack ). n Then run RCA cvonnectors from the bac of the sat. receiver to the front jacks on the TV.( I hope that they are located there). On the remote then you will need to suse the video and find the pivture on it. Mine is on Video 3. Hope this helps. It is the easiest way fpr me as I use the smae receiver in the house and move things back and forth.

paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:07 AM   #13
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Hey Wordsmith, please don't critque my last reply above, I really butchered it. To early in the morning and not enough coffee.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:44 AM   #14
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
On my 2955 they ran screws through the side wall next to the TV into the TV cabinet, neat huh? I asked the dealer service guy and he didn't know how to get it out, now I'm talking about the the big TV downstairs. You have to take the screws out to get the TV out so you can get to the VCR and surround sound, we also had to replace the TV cable splitter which was broken in half from jamming the TV into the rather tight space, brand new rig too.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote