Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
Montana_4149
Established Member

M.O.C. #4149
MEYERS what a joke

STAY CLEAR OF MEYERS IF YOU EVER WANT YOUR CAMPER TO GET SERVICE DONE !!, THEY MAKE THE SALE THEN HOLD YOUR HAND YOU KNOW WHERE TO GET SERVICE DONE !!! THIS IS OUR 3RD CAMPER FROM SYRACUSE AND IT WILL BE OUR LAST FROM THIS JOKE OF A DEALER !!!

Montana_4149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Been there, done that many times. Their service is awful. Lots of service before you sign on the dotted line.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
We bought our unit from Meyer's in Caledonia. Aside from the long wait time to get into service, we've had no complaints. I have heard a lot of complaints about the Syracuse store. Perhaps you can try another Meyer's location for service.

Now that it's out of warranty, we'll use Perry Camper's for regular maintenance.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Bought my Monty from them in Sept 03 and I refuse to ever return to Meyers. Once they got my money it was don't call us we'll call you.Well I broke that rule and called them. You know they NEVER returned my call. If I was looking for a new Montana and Meyers offered the best deal I would still go elsewhere. If the only place to buy a Montana was at Meyers I'd be pulling an SOB** behind my TV.

AND the best part of the Meyers saga is that Keystone/Montana knows about their pi&$poor service and refuses to do anything about it. Keystone says their hands are tied and have no way of making Meyers, or any dealer, to provide service after the sale. Meyers is a huge dealer, not just Montana, but many of the other Keystone trailers and Keystone would apparently rather have dissatisfied customers than an unhappy dealer. Money talks, BS walks.

There was a rumor going around that Meyers was sold, all we can do is pray it ain't a rumor.

**Some Other Brand
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Freedom Roads bought out Meyers and a lot of other dealers too.
Rumor was it has something to do with Camping World.

Carol
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Glenn, I wish you wouldn't hold back, tell us what you REALLY think!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:49 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

Freedom Roads bought out Meyers and a lot of other dealers too.
Rumor was it has something to do with Camping World.

Carol
That's great news, great for the buyer and maybe great Keystone. That is of course if they get rid of a number of the management that Meyers had in place. Might have to take a ride up there to check it out.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:57 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill Hill

Glenn, I wish you wouldn't hold back, tell us what you REALLY think!
Sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is and sometimes you just gotta hold back and anyone that has discussed Meyers with me face to face knows that I did hold back a bit.
I spoke to many of the numerous MOCers that bought from Meyers and FredG seems to be the only satisfied customer.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:05 AM   #9
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
They still have the same people. There is one person I don't even want to talk to. He talks down to women, like we don't have a brain in our head.

Carol
Old 07-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #10
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Glen, It seems like we're the only ones who have bought from a store other than Syracuse.

Also, they were bought out by Freedom Roads. We also just got a flyer about their new Camping World at the Hamburg, NY location. None of the Grand Opening prices seemed like a deal.

As for Montana not doing anything about the dealer problems, I think they should sent out random survey cards to see how the sale and any warranty work went.

Fred
Old 07-24-2005, 01:04 AM   #11
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
We need a new forum to rate the dealers. It would be a neat place for the ordinary joe to go to see how, folks feel about dealerships,before they put out the big bucks. If it was on this site keystone would even see what is going on a little more.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:10 AM   #12
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
We've actually been working on a web site that would do that. I have the framework set up to review RVs, campgrounds and dealers (based on state), with both a number rating system and comments. I'm still working out the bugs on the site, but hope to have it up and running soon. I won't mention the site here since it's not fully functional yet and I wouldn't want to violate any MOC policies.

Fred
Old 07-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Maybe Keystone cannot force a dealer to provide service per their contract but if they'd do the survey mentioned so they know who the bad dealers are they sure could threaten to not renew the contract in many cases. As big a seller as the Montana is I doubt many dealers would willingly give up the line and I'm sure other dealers willing to take it on would not be that difficult to find. Just my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:20 AM   #14
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Another idea is to set up a program like the Dodge Five-Star program.

Not all Dodge dealers qualify to be Five-Star rated. From my understanding, it's based on customer satisfaction surveys. Both from random mailed after-sales surveys and from a mirror hanger survey card after service is complete. The rating is reviewed each year.

Fred
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 PM   #15
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Foley's in Burlington, WA has sold out to Freedom Roads also and they are building a new Camping World next to them. The service has gone downhill since last year when we bought our Monty and attitude has gone south also!!!! Our last trip there was not a happy one.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #16
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Does anyone have any rating, positive or negative on Jacks Campers in Mitchell South Dakota?
We found an amazing price on a 2005 3295 there.. They seem to be a really huge dealer and they are not far from Sioux Falls (and the residency/mailforwarding service therein)
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #17
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
My 2 cents. We bought our Montana from Meyers in Calidonia. We had it in for service twice with no problems getting and appointment and they were good about calling/returning calls. I guess it depends on which branch you deal with.

Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #18
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Add us to the list of unhappy customers of Myer's RV in Syracuse. We went there because they had the model we wanted and it was also less than Alpin House in Amsterdam. We will never go back to Syracuse. We did however complain to Keystone and they also told us they were not responsible for the Dealer. After much discussion they asked us if we wanted to make a formal complaint. We said yes! The next day Myers called and said they were sending us the oven rack.(There was none in our oven.) We got it in 2 days. There were other things we had problems with. After many calls and much discussion and many "yes, yes were looking into it" we finally got our issues resolved and decided to never deal with these jerks again. It just isn't worth the hassle. This is probably their little game. Wear you down so you won't ask for anything and you'll just give up. I don't get it! Keystone must only be looking at the amount of sales Myers is making for them. They have every right in my opinion to hold this dealership to a certain standard. That just makes good business sense to me. On a bright note, Alphin House in Amsterdam has excellent service!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:12 AM   #19
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Bought from Meyers in Syracuse--simply because at 90 minutes away, they were the closest dealer. Bad choice and we admit it. The PDI which they gave us was planned to be 1 hour. Thanks to the MOC, we had a great PDI list which we used to the fullest. Even emailed Meyers a copy and said we would be utilizing it--they ignored it and gave us a technician who admitted he had never worked on Montanas to do the PDI. He didn't even know where the black tank valve was (we had to show him the galley valve) and didn't want to walk the roof until Bill said he was going up anyway. We did not finish the PDI the first day--they wanted us to sign off and come back to finish. We said "NO" and announced that we would stay overnite in their lot so we could finish the next day. Talk about surprised! Next day, the service manager worked with us to get us out PDQ--though we still had items needing to be fixed. Took several more trips to address them. We had major problems the first time we went to dump the black tank. Opened the pipe to attach sewer hose and had a flood of you know what dump on us. Upon investigation, it turned out the black tank valve had been left open by the technician. In October we took the unit to them to have the tanks cleaned and the unit winterized. In late April we took the Monty up to have it dewinterized and to have the last of the warranty items addressed. Two weeks later we took the Monty (without having used it) to a local camp. When we opened the sewer line to attach the sewer hose Pat was drenched with "stuff". When we called them, Meyers suggested that our black tank valve was failing. This event was detailed in a much earlier thread which generated the suggestions from many about the installation of a gate valve. After a lot of experimentation, it turns out that nothing (read that NOTHING!!) was wrong with our black tank valve. Meyers had simply left it open, discovered their error and closed it again, leaving the hose filled with residual gunk. They had apparently done none too good a job of cleaning and winterizing and dewinterizing either. We requested a refund of the cost of cleaning, winterizing and dewinterizing as well as reimbursement of the cost of Pat's shoes which were obviously trashed. After nine phone calls, a lot of dodging by Meyers reps and six weeks, a check arrived. No apology was ever offered. Too much S*%T is too much. We will happily drive the extra miles to Alpin Haus for work which our local non-Montana dealer cannot perform. Suggest that new purchasers make a choice to take their dollars elsewhere besides Meyers in Syracuse. Keystone is obviously aware of Meyers reputation--but Meyers volume sales must far outweigh their poor service and Keystone seems willing to gamble that this situation will continue to work for them. Even in the RV business, what goes round eventually comes round and Keystone may be badly bitten by their failure to demand quality service from dealers.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:00 AM   #20
Colden
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4400
We just bought from Meyers in Hambug - we're picking up our 2006 2995RL this Saturday. As mentioned, they do give you a good price.

However, being concerned about all the negative comments we'd heard about their service, I sent an email to Keystone asking about options. Here is their reply:

We have just reviewed your email sent Thursday, July 7, 2005. You can use our dealer locator on our website to find other local dealerships.
It will use your zip code and give you the closest dealers. We will
work with any one of our dealers no matter what product lines they handle. You are the eyes and ears in the field so to speak. Your comments, both positive and negative are welcome as they will help Keystone build more practical, reliable, and user friendly products.

Thank you for your time and input,

Keystone Owner Relations

Brandon Tom
Owner Relations
Keystone RV Company

Does this sound like you can go to ANY Keystone Dealer with your Monty even if they don't sell it? Kind of sounds that way to me although I'll be optomistic and figure we won't need them!!
Jan
Colden is offline   Reply With Quote