Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
-27 degrees fahrenheit

After Sue called in our dinner order, I was happily driving along thinking of the Thick salsa loaded with cumin and garlic, warm chips and my ground beef and cheese enchiladas, and like a record stylyus screeching across the record...I came back to reality; I was HOT, high spped heat was coming out of the floor vents in my brand new Ford Super Duty, the outside temperature read -27 degrees, it was going crazy, it was rapidly going up, all the way to -9 degrees. I was pushing buttons like a one fingered editor, to no avail. It was 85 degrees outside, It eventually started working after 5 minutes or so. Back to the dealership I will go. Why me? Oh well, I'll get it fixed before we leave for South Texas.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Jeez Ozz,..... South Texas minus 27, might not be such a bad thing... or maybe it would be a real bad thing.

OK maybe minus 9 is better
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We noticed yesterday as we were driving west on the Ohio TPK in our shinny new 08 Ford truck that the on board compass indicated we were heading due East..Humm. I though..did I make a wrong turn somewhere..no the sign said Toledo 50 miles and that is West on the TPK..my on board PC in my shinny new truck was malfunctioning.Sure enough everywhere we went we were heading in the opposite direction. Well anyhow after we got set up at the rally we wound up in a wally mart parking lot driving around in circles like idiots with everybody staring at us, cars stopping and mothers shielding their small children, till the readout said "calibration complete" Maybe there was a huge sunspot yesterday that affected all PC's in shinny new Ford trucks.....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:54 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
The computers will take over someday, we won't have any information other than what they give us. I installed a thermostat for a customer that had more set up programming than my laptop. Installer set up, customer set up. I don't know if I will ever be able to train them on it's use. I will have to carry the instructions in my bicycle pack,, so I can tell them how to unlock it and regulate the heat this winter. I'll be sitting there on Boomerang Billy's surf side patio, reading them the instructions to change the heat settings.
My bicycle even has a computer on it: speed, time, trip miles, average trip miles, total miles.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:49 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
OZZ, Sounds like you are Fixing Or Repairing Daily!!!!!! LOL and buenas suerte, (good luck).....

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:49 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Phil, looks that way..
Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Maybe Ford is reinventing the Earth's magnetic lines of flux like they're reinventing their Super Duty truck line... I bet some firmware upgrades will get rid of those bugs. I can hardly wait for our Ford friend to take delivery of his replacement 08 F250 so he can weed out other faults.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote