Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
bpierce
Established Member

M.O.C. #5835
Lawnchairs

I have been contemplating buying a set of the Big Wide Recliner chairs from the Camping World website. I have sat in one and it is VERY comfortable, but it sure seems like a lot of $ to give for a lawnchair($99-139 each). Do these things hold up? I sat in a similar one at the local WalMart, but it just didn't compare confort-wise. I already have about 3 truckloads of the folding chairs in a carry bag, but you can only set in those for so long! I guess this is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Can anyone tell me if these are worth the money, or suggest some that are?

bpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bryan,
I bought 4 of the zero gravity chairs that you are talking about. I bought them at a store called Tuesday Mornings. The retail sticker was on the box for $179.99 each, I got them for $59.99 each and after using them over the past 2 months I would not go back to the fold up chairs. In my opinion they are well worth the money, but even when folded they take up a bit of room in the basement.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Down in the Spring Rally section there is a topic about these chairs that you might want to read.

I have a LaFuma brand and love it! You are right, once you sit in a zero gravity chair you don't want to go back.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bryan - read back a few posts and you will find ours didn't hold up very long 3 or 4 years, I don't remember exactly when we purchased them. We decided not to do it again as we didn't feel they were worth the money and they take up too much room. Just MHO.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Ours are very comfortable and easy to get out of. That's important in our old age.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We have the chairs in a bag but hardly use them. We use two of our plastic patio chairs with arms. We stack them and put in basement. They do take up some room but we like them because they are light. Would love to have one of those other chairs but it is a lot of $ for those.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:50 AM   #7
Montana_5858

M.O.C. #5858
We have the big wide chairs from CW. They are comfortable, but are not good in the Texas heat. They don't allow air flow through the cushion. They are great during cooler weather.
Montana_5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We got a couple of zero gravity chairs at GI Joe's for $49.99 - they're the padded type, not mesh, and standard size. Haven't had them all that long, so don't know how they will hold up, but they are sure comfy. We couldn't justify the price for some of the other brands, but some of the less expensive ones weren't comfortable - sat in one of these before purchasing and they fit us nice.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have been using my zero-gravity chairs for the past 3.5 months. So far they are holding up very well, and are really comfortable. The 4 that I have are all "mesh" which is great on those hot days, really keeps one cool.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:25 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Just bought two lounge chairs from Walmart for $50/each. Heavy duty construction and breathable. They fold up nicely, but they are a bit heavy. Almost looks like you could run over them with your tv (folded up) and not even hurt them. Also, not the easiest to jump in and out of when in the "chair" position, but for the price I am very surprised at the quality/material used.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:08 AM   #11
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
I have what I think is the best chairs......well I ain't 175 lbs

check out these chairs....I have 3 of them!!

http://www.koolestproducts.com/index.aspx

this is my favorite in "RED MONSTER"
http://www.koolestproducts.com/Maxxd...TER-P28C1.aspx
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #12
borfaloo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5608

I too have the Maxxdaddy chairs. I am an ex hockey player and a big ol boy so I wanted something that was going to last more than one summer of camping. I am very happy with Koolest products and they really take the abuse I hand out well. I am lucky enough to work from our new home on the road and a lot of my day is spent outside sitting in these chairs working away on the laptop. Koolest do some chairs that come in at $40
each ... Seeing the quality of their top of the line product (maxxdaddy)
I would not hesitate to try their other offerings.

Sean
borfaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #13
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Marsha wanted one of these for Christmas and absolutely loves it. Last summer while we were at a camper store in north Georgia, she bought me a chair for my birthday that is very wide. It is padded as well—very comfortable. Both appear to be holding up well.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:11 PM   #14
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Bought two chairs from Camping World, the ones you are talking about (Big Wide Chair) Yep! they are comfortable chairs, but HEAVY! We took ours back. Just couldn't justify hauling around that weight. Not for towing purposes, but the weight on my arms. Did buy a cheaper and lighter chair at Walmart,the chair is comfortable enough. In fact when we are not in the RV the chair sits at home on our patio. Husband likes sitting in the backyard in the chair...guess I better buy another one for the RV.
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote