Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2024, 11:36 AM   #21
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Sweet! I’m glad that solved it. Yes, enjoy that heat!

jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:05 PM   #22
Fulltimepipeliner

M.O.C. #33132
We had a similar issue once, the two wires going to the thermostat that come out of the furnace had loose connections. When the furnace would kick in the moving air would kinda wiggle the wires and the fan would quit
Fulltimepipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:24 PM   #23
Wellplayedsir
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30317
I am just glad I saved the $100 service call, and on top of that they wanted to take the furnace with them to fix it at there shop, That was not going to happen. I am still annoyed that my electric fireplace pooped out the same day, and with no replacement parts available and that model and brand discontinued it was insult to injury. Keystone gave me a brand and part number to replace the defunct fireplace, the cheapest I could find was $600 bucks gee thanks.
Wellplayedsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:28 PM   #24
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellplayedsir View Post
I am just glad I saved the $100 service call, and on top of that they wanted to take the furnace with them to fix it at there shop, That was not going to happen. I am still annoyed that my electric fireplace pooped out the same day, and with no replacement parts available and that model and brand discontinued it was insult to injury. Keystone gave me a brand and part number to replace the defunct fireplace, the cheapest I could find was $600 bucks gee thanks.
There are lots of electric fireplaces on Amazon in the $200 range. Just make sure you have your dimensions correct and get one with good ratings.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:36 PM   #25
brycesteiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33140
Glad you fixed it without too much problem!
brycesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 02:22 PM   #26
catch up with the zzzz
Established Member

M.O.C. #23268
this may be a silly question, but have you pulled out the eshaust tube and cheked that there isn't a bees nest or some obstruction. also is the gasket is burned up or the exhaust tube becom loose or leaking? These coditions will cause the same symptons. Good luck
catch up with the zzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 02:27 PM   #27
Wellplayedsir
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30317
Yes one of the first things I did it was clear of all the usual suspects.
Wellplayedsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:51 PM   #28
GT500KR
Established Member

M.O.C. #10534
Gas Furnace

I had same issue with my 2018 3121rl 2 yrs ago. Had to change circuit board & ignition switch.
GT500KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:52 PM   #29
JimKrieger
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27179
Had the exact same problem. For me it was a bad igniter. The fan ran for about 30 seconds and then, because a thermistor sensed no heat, the circuit board shut the furnace off. In addition to the shut off symptom during each of the three 30 second ignition attempts, I would notice no heat coming from the exhaust pipe, but did smell propane there indicating a gas supply was present. My unit has no outside furnace access, so had to move the furnace about 30º leaving the flexible gas line intact, to get at the igniter. Igniter requires a 1/8" gap which can easily be checked with a 1/8" drill bit.
JimKrieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:37 AM   #30
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
on my furnace I noticed similar issue.... at first. when using furnace for the first time in a while it will struggle to light and shut off then restart again. wash rinse repeat a few times and i began to wonder if there was an issue. took it apart found no defects or faults that I could address it as being the culprit. put it back to gether and fired it up again... same result. the difference I started to notice was the length of time it would run before shutdown. it was running longer each time. after about the five restarts it settled down and ran normally. for the rest of the "heating" season using the furnace I had no repeat issue. the following year the same ritual. I put it down to the furnace being a tempermental device that will run if you patiently keep pushing it to run. once it finds its groove no problems each season. ughhh! I have other Rv issues more urgent to deal with as long as the furnace runs. I will get to it eventually.

my point is maybe you have tempermental furnace like mine and perhaps a dose of patience will satisfy the beast... LOL?

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote