Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
SOB'S

The end!

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
You have to own a motorhome to join FMCA.

Our Escapee Chapter has monthly luncheons and monthly camp-outs. We invite guests. After attending 3 functions, we ask you join both the Escapees RV Club and pay chapter dues. If a Escapee Member and passing thru, love to have you.

Don't want to join, don't attend.

Same for a Brand/Model forum. Attending a Montana Owners Rally in a pop up or what ever, just not polite.

Years ago I owned a Gold Wing, was in a Gold Wing Club and we went to bike rallies. Seemed all our group wanted to do was sit around and drink coffee. The BMW guys and girls usually had a campfire, a keg and just seemed like they were having more fun than I was.

I wandered over to their group a couple of times, they invited us to join them a time or 2, but after that, not so much. Sold the Wing, and after owing 6 BMW's over the years, a lot of fun and friends. I only drink coffee at breakfast.

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I think it all goes back to the Mission Statement. If they are satisfied with their SOB and have no future plans to own a Montana, why would they want to be on the Montana Owner's Forum (other than the absolutely best people on any forum on the web, but that is besides the point of the statement)? I know that when I joined, I was seeking info to confirm my choice of a Montana, and since I have owned one since, the choice to hang on seems to be a logical one.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
We have a lot of friends here, even tho we own a SOB, we were happy Montana owner until we got into an argument with a semi, the semi won
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I think Bingo explained it well,why don't they Join their SOB forum and rallies??? If I showed up to my Buddies GD Owners Rally they would Use my Monty for fuel for Their Sacrificial Bonfire But as far as I know former Monty owners and members are more than Welcome to the Forum(there is a bunch here)
Old 03-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
Rain Ducker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14462
Our Mission Statement clearly states:

The Montana RV Club is a club organized for the enjoyment of all owners of Montana, Montana Big Sky 5th Wheels, Montana Mountaineer RVs or any person who is planning on buying a Montana in their future.

Note the “planning on buying”.

We do not regulate in any manner those that attend rallies organized here on the MOC, EXCEPT the Fall National Rally. If you do not own a Montana, you will not be registered for that rally. There are a variety of reasons the Administrators have for that requirement for that one rally. The reasons will not be explained here.

SOB’s (owners of Some Other Brands) are welcome at any of the other rallies we have. The problem becomes registering individuals who do NOT own a Montana. They cannot become members of MOC.

This registration issue may be overcome by a member of the MOC registering their SOB friends with the organizers of those rallies. Thus, the current Montana owner and member of the MOC becomes responsible for coordinating the SOB friend’s registration with the Wagon Masters of the specific rally.

Former Montana owners, who have moved on to SOB’s are here at the discretion of the Administrators and are given a new distinction, they become “Honorary” MOC members.

In the future if you have questions of or for the Administrators, please use the PM function of this forum. Public postings are not the way to deal with such situations.

Thank you all for your participation in one of the greatest online RV forums on the internet.
Rain Ducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We got on the MOC one year before we purchased a Montana as we wanted to learn all we could about the Montana before making a decision about brand. We also got on a few other owners firms for the same reason. We do have former Montana Owners on the forum.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #8
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
[quote]Originally posted by richfaa

We got on the MOC one year before we purchased a Montana as we wanted to learn all we could about the Montana before making a decision about brand. We also got on a few other owners firms for the same reason. We do have former Montana Owners on the Forum

[/quote)
This is the same thing our friends are trying to do.
One of our friends just emailed me saying they feel like their unwanted and they already
Registered for a rally,now their rethinking it!
Friendly forum?
Old 03-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Note if it is a regional rally and NOT the fall rally SOB's are welcome. Did you mention what kind of rally they wanted to attend??
We attended the fall rally once we purchased our Montana.

I mean this is the "Montana Owners Club" it is self explanatory. Previous owners have been given in many cases a pass to remain on the forum primarily to keep it touch with old friends. I may be wrong but I do not know of a S O B owner who was able to register for the FALL RALLY. I kind of think this has been a problem in understanding or communication.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #10
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I had decided that no comment would be helpful from an SOB, but I do have something positive to say.

We have made some really good friends on this forum. In fact, we have had at least three MOC member couples and their Montana trailers to spend the night here in our back yard. We met them on the forum. We still consider them to be good friends. We have made trips to Gulf Shore and to the RGV to see some of those MOC friends, and have met several of them in trips that we have made in the USA and even in Canada.

I follow this rule: I never comment on any comparison of brands; I never comment on issues present owners may be facing; I never comment about my present brand. I limit my posts now to matters which we all share in common such as campgrounds, sights, navigation, trip planning--and only then when I feel I have something positive and helpful to say.

So thanks for what this forum means and I will try to be an honorable former MO and act with respect and appreciation, especially for friendships which remain appropriate for this virtual community.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #11
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

I had decided that no comment would be helpful from an SOB, but I do have something positive to say.

We have made some really good friends on this forum. In fact, we have had at least three MOC member couples and their Montana trailers to spend the night here in our back yard. We met them on the forum. We still consider them to be good friends. We have made trips to Gulf Shore and to the RGV to see some of those MOC friends, and have met several of them in trips that we have made in the USA and even in Canada.

I follow this rule: I never comment on any comparison of brands; I never comment on issues present owners may be facing; I never comment about my present brand. I limit my posts now to matters which we all share in common such as campgrounds, sights, navigation, trip planning--and only then when I feel I have something positive and helpful to say.

So thanks for what this forum means and I will try to be an honorable former MO and act with respect and appreciation, especially for friendships which remain appropriate for this virtual community.
A Men!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #12
montanaone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jjackflash

I've been a member for almost 8 year and have never heard of this problem.
I have even been told by long time members to go ahead and have friends with sob's join the forum because there's information on this forum that relates to all RV's.
Jack
I do not know who those long time members were but, you have not heard that from any Administrator or Moderator have you? I sent you a PM. Instead of replying to that you come here and fan the flames. I strongly suggest that you head Rain Ducker's advice of

"In the future if you have questions of or for the Administrators, please use the PM function of this forum. Public postings are not the way to deal with such situations."

montanaone is offline   Reply With Quote