Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
Got some new shoes on the 5er today

Although my Marathons on this 5er had only about 2K miles on them, I was often worried going down the road with them. I have actually had good luck with the Marathons on my last two 5ers, but I felt as though I was living on borrowed time and was due for my luck to run out. I have a TST TPMS, checked my tires before and during every trip, but "it" seems to eventually happen to everyone. I did a lot of research here and elsewhere and settled on the Geostar G574s. I know they are not the favorite of everyone, but I believe they will work well for me. While both tires were off the wheels I took the opportunity to compare the Marathons with the Goestars and there was no comparison. The difference in weight alone was quite impressive. I will continue to use my TPMS and check my tires often, but I will definitely have more confidence in my tires now.
Glenn the fifth is offline   Reply With Quote