Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2020, 10:09 AM   #21
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
I have used CW for service twice. One was a great experience, the second a nightmare. They have gone through 6 GM’s in two years. I have seen one service person not turn over during that time, other than the service manager. I will buy parts from them because of their pricing. I might let them do simple service work that I cannot do myself but any complicated or expensive repairs go to a different dealer that I know I can count on. The other dealer is more expensive, but they stand behind their work and keep me in the loop on their progress. They go out of their way to make sure I’m happy. CW seems to be hit and miss on results. I did find out who their best repair tech is so I ask for him to work on my rig. I haven't had a reason to go back for service but would have to think hard about it if I did. After my last experience I’m not sure I will. The local management makes all the difference, but with the people turnover they have had it tells me there are real management issues there.

Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:15 AM   #22
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I'll add a very recent experience about Gander RV aka CW here in Wichita. A week ago it was raining and I noticed a vent cover open on one of their units sitting out on the lot next to MacArthur. I went in and spoke with management in sales and told them about the open vent and where it was on their lot. He said he'd take care of it. Later that evening, I happened to be on MacArthur again and saw that the vent lid was still open. Again I went in and advised sales mgmt that the lid was still open, the same person I talked with earlier said he couldn't locate the unit when he drove the lot. I then went as far as riding out on one of their golf carts and pointing out the exact unit. He didn't have a master key on him, but indicated after we got back to the building it would be taken care of and thanked me for my concern. Now a week later, I drive by and see the vent still open after several rain showers in the area. If this exemplary instance of caring is any forecast of service after the sale ... I'd be sure and take my business on down the road.

Some reply earlier suggested that once you go up 2 or 3 levels in the company ... you will get 100% customer satisfaction or something like that ... why would you have to go that far to be treated fairly. Like many companies now days ... CW's customer satisfaction is mostly lip service until very firmly pressed to the mat.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:51 AM   #23
Roammer
Established Member

M.O.C. #25354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
Roammer, talk to service manager, then the GM, then call CW corporate. Explain your issues and experience. I had to do this myself. I did get some action once I called corporate.

Thanks, I tried to speak with the GM but they always claim he is not available . Just sent an emaill to Marcus so I'll wait a day or two to see the response.
Roammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:39 PM   #24
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roammer View Post
Thanks, I tried to speak with the GM but they always claim he is not available . Just sent an emaill to Marcus so I'll wait a day or two to see the response.

In this day and time everyone wants you to deal "by phone". In that case you can always be on hold until you give up, sent to voicemail or ignored. I do not ascribe to that avenue for solution - if you want solution.

GO to the GM. Sit in front of him and get the issue resolved. Calling doesn't work for you but certainly does for them. I've never had a GM or owner, that I've ran down and collared, run away from me - and they always discussed my issues. Whether they meant anything with their comments I don't know but I always tell them "I'll be back tomorrow...or Friday". They do not like/want that conversation and things will get done. The owner HAS to stay on top of it...the days of thinking someone has your best interests in mind are gone....no matter the dealership or manufacturer. I did have one CW GM that would not, did not respond to anything...even a face to face. All of my communications were turned to Marcus Lemonis along with my assessments and....new GM. Not touting any influence I have...just a lot of documentation that I keep as I try to resolve issues; that 's what I do.

Marcus will take care of business....just make sure you have your ducks in order. As far as "having" to go up 2-3 levels in a company to get resolution....done this stuff for 50 years. The local management of anything is 100% dependent on that one individual, their work ethic, interpretation of company rules/direction etc. The downfall of any individually owned operation is the...."owning individual". Good, bad or indifferent - that's what you get. Some think that is the panacea for getting something fixed; in my decades of dealing with both kinds I can tell you that it's a mixed bag either way.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote