Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #1
TenOC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28210
Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower head -- COLD drip

I have a Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower head. When I move the shut off leaver to "medium drip" only cold water comes out. Is this normal? or is the shut off leaver defective? On full flow I have hot and cold water.

TenOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:55 PM   #2
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
When we pause ours, it drips cold and takes a couple seconds to get hot again. If I pause, I make sure it’s pointed away when unpausing. The “ask a question” section on Amazon for Oxygenic shower handles mentions this if you search for “cold”.
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 09:37 AM   #3
TenOC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28210
SOLVED: well somewhat

SOLVED: well somewhat. The problem is RV related. I took the shower head to a friends RV that has a different shower head and does NOT have the problem. My shower head at his RV work OK. His shower head at my RV --Cold problem. Therefore it is a pressure or plumbing routing problem and no solution except buy a new RV LOL
Old 12-04-2023, 10:03 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenOC View Post
...The problem is RV related....
Our shower has the single knob that you turn. It starts out cold and as you turn the handle more it gets warmer.

When we first got the camper, no matter what we did the shower never got "hot". It was always just luke warm. I figured it was the way the shower knob handle was mixing the hot and cold.

As we purchased our camper in the Fall of the year and used it immediately, the outside weather was starting to dip colder. So the water in the fresh water tank, and even from the shore water spigot was very cold. The water heater was HOT. The kitchen stand alone hot water side was HOT. So, I knew it was the mixer at that knob.

I tried everything I could think of to get the water hotter at the shower. But nothing practical worked. Then the idea hit me.

I pulled the handle / valve / mixer from the wall and simply switched the hot and cold lines in the back of the faucet handle thing.

Now, when the water is first turned on, it's all hot instead of all cold. When the handle is turned all the way around, it's pretty cold! But not ice cold. So, it's working just the opposite.

There really is no problem getting burned or anything from 140 degree water, because when the faucet is first turned on now, it still takes about 15 seconds or more for the cold water in lines to get replaced with the hot water from the water heater. So, there's really no danger of getting scaled. And if the handle is turned a bit more when first turning on, it mixes with cold (initially, cold and cold) until the hot water line purges the cold out. This give us plenty of time to adjust the water temperature.

If we have guests (like our son and grandson), we always instruct them that it's HOT first and the farther it's turned it gets colder. No one has ever been burned.

So, it's possible your mixer at the faucet(s) are messed up.... or you may find a better resolve by switching the hot and cold line that attaches to that faucet outlet.

For us, this was the best solution. We didn't have to purchase a new handle "thing". Personally, I prefer 2 handles, a hot and a cold. I hate those single handle faucets. My kitchen sink is the same way, single handle. But, HOT is HOT and Cold is Cold. I still hate the thing.

The nice thing about my change now is, we do our fair share of cold weather camping, and incoming water is ALWAYS very cold. No matter how cold the incoming water is, the shower is always HOT now, no matter how cold the incoming water is. It just, when the incoming water is really really cold, it doesn't take much cold to mix with the hot to keep it a comfortable 100 degrees for showering.

In the heat of the Summer the incoming water always much warmer, sometimes as much as 70-75 degrees, depending on the water source. Then it takes very, very little hot to keep it at that same 100 degree comfortable temperature. So, the handle has to crank around farther to make it cooler as it takes more cold volume when the cold line is much warmer (in the Summer).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 10:13 AM   #5
TenOC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28210
Thermostatic shower valve ????

Has any one use one of these Thermostatic Shower Mixer like here https://www.amazon.com/Bathroom-Ther...d_i=B071ZP4ZHN

One review said it had NPS not the USA standard NPT pipe threads. I see it is marked in C not F degrees.
Old 12-04-2023, 10:45 AM   #6
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
Interesting test result between RVs. We have the single handle shower mixer so the shower head should only see the result of the mixed water. I don’t see how pausing drives one temp or the other. I would think that pressure is governed at the water tap outside. Maybe it’s flow or the faucet is pressure balanced biased cold??? Maybe your friend’s faucet brand/design is different.

FWIW, here’s the FAQ answer on pausing. Someone on the forum might be able to explain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	16054  
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 10:51 AM   #7
TenOC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28210
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftOverParts View Post
Maybe your friend’s faucet brand/design is different.

His faucet is different. However, my faucet work with no cold dribble in his RV. Nice warm water all the time. Not even a cold surge when the water is turned back to full flow.
Old 12-10-2023, 07:05 PM   #8
Todd & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28634
Our shower has been cold when paused from day 1. I changed to an oxygenist head and it still is cold on pause. We have the single handle control.
Todd & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:04 AM   #9
TenOC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd & Mary View Post
Our shower has been cold when paused from day 1. I changed to an oxygenist head and it still is cold on pause. We have the single handle control.

Do you have an instant water heater? Someone said that when dripping there is not enough flow to trigger the heat on the instant water heater.
Old 12-12-2023, 02:42 PM   #10
Todd & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28634
Quote:
Do you have an instant water heater? Someone said that when dripping there is not enough flow to trigger the heat on the instant water heater.
Nope, we have the 12 gal water heater, I believe this is a pressure issue because it is easier to get the cold water to the faucet than the hot water.
Old 12-12-2023, 04:06 PM   #11
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
Quote:
His faucet is different. However, my faucet work with no cold dribble in his RV. Nice warm water all the time. Not even a cold surge when the water is turned back to full flow.
Think I would find out what his faucet is and buy one.
Air Lift 5000 airbags
GILAELKHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 08:09 PM   #12
TenOC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28210
Quote:
Originally Posted by GILAELKHUNTER View Post
Think I would find out what his faucet is and buy one.

You mis-read my comment It is NOT the faucet. It is the RV that makes the difference.