Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Bummer, a bump in the rally road

Well, not all goes well all of the time. We are very sad to report that there have been a few bumps in the road here at the Mill Creek Campground.

We were promised the "Rally" area of the campground up to the day of arrival, but, we were not parked in the "Rally" area as promised. We have been informed that we did not get the "Rally" area, because we decided not to rent their building at $125.00 a night.

We have had a few people driving up and down our road quite fast, and we blocked the road at both ends. Before ya jump all over us, be aware that we take up all the campsites in this area/road, except the very last one on each end of the road, which was not blocked.

One of the reasons we wanted the road blocked was because we had no place to have a group gathering, these sites are just too small. We did rent a vacant lot to put up our tents, but, we still were out in the street with our chairs.

Another camper complained (he was NOT parked on our road), and management came down. They listened to our side of it and left. That was last night.

Tonight they came back, and I surely did not see or hear all of this so I am not even gonna try to report what happened. People got upset. SIGHHHHH

The long and short of it is we were told to remove the trucks blocking the road, every staff person from the campground came down to observe and protect the other workers, ??????? well, whatever, they were all there.

After whatever, happened, whatever was said, 2 of our members (maybe more???) mentioned to the staff that they would not be coming back to Mill Creek, and the staff told us in no uncertain terms, "we don't care".

This will not discourage us, we had a marvelous dinner, took a great group photo, if the wind dies down we will have a nice campfire, if not, we will gather round the non burning campfire rings and chat and enjoy being with MOC people.

Sadly, there are a number of us that are in various degrees of "upset". BTW, several people asked that I write this post, so, here I am opening myself to censureship from the Admins and Moderators. I hope they will forgive me.

We have had a terrific time here at the Rally, even tho some of the conditions have been a bit less than favorable. This campground is known by a number of businessmen in Mackinaw as having difficulties with PR.

OKKKK, flame away. Maybe you can start the campfire for us!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote