Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Traveling Hot...

We just arrived in Albuquerque, New Mexico and while in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas it has been very hot all the way on I-40 West. Albuquerque is a little cooler but still hot. Will move onto Colorado on Thur and it will be cooler there.

This is the hottest weather we have traveled in, well over the 100 degree mark. Next year we will leave the early part of June for our Western trip.

We will not go back to Tennessee until the middle of Sept. And Diesel prices are still up? We were in Oklahoma and the electricity went out in the RV park, so we hooked up and went on to Amarillo. Texas only the second time we have pull at night. Really don't like traveling at night. But mother nature put on a awesome display of dry lighting for almost 200 miles. Happy Trails....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Yup, no other way to say it, it's hot!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Beautiful here in Colorado! We welcome you to our beautiful state! Enjoy!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I hope you have a second A/C and 50 amps to use them!!!

That's an interesting point in avoiding driving in the heat - drive at night. I suppose timing is critical and arriving at a campground late at night or early in the morning makes setup quite difficult because you'll not be allowed to setup if it's beyond the "quiet hours". This happened to us once at a late arrival, 11:30 pm, but the CG had an overnight place for us to park. We were late because I had two Chinese bombs blow up and that delayed us quite a bit.

Yup, diesel is still at $4.07 where I live (southern California, about 75 miles SSW of Palm Springs, CA.

We left the slides in and slept in the rig and first thing the next morning we got to our site and set up right before the heat started. Overall I didn't like it, but I'm not a fulltimer and might have to consider that option if traveling through hot climates.

If you drive during the hot day and arrive for setup, it takes a while to cool down a hot rig from the day's drive. With only one A/C in my rig, it never quite cools down.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Been in Montana since July 1, been in the forties, and low fifties at night, reached the low eighties couple days, mostly stays in the seventies, beats that 100 degree stuff at home. No need to even use the air conditioner up here.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have two A/C's, without two A/C's you will not survive Okla this week. Amarillo wasn't bad. Running at night is great as for the heat however I really hate comming into a RV park at night. However this the first time for us. We have stay at the same site here in Amarillo for the second year. Pull thru and you can stay hooked up. Just drop the 6 hydraulic jack and plug-in the electric, openslides in less that 10 minutes. The neighbor next door did know we came in. Life is Good..
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote