Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Ford Field Camping show

Couldn't find anything on this on the forum but wondered if anyone goes to this show. It is in March. Would appreciate any help. It is a little ways from us but if it is a good one might think about going.

ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:49 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ron, I saw an ad for this show in a magazine but nowhere in that ad could I find where Ford Field is located. The ad didn't even mention a state and the ad was not in any kind of state subheading area. Since you're in Fort Wayne, Indiana, can I assume it's somewhere in your area? Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #3
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
The show is in Detroit It's where the lions play. I went on the web site and looked at the show part. It would be a ways for us but thought might head up and stay overnight. Thought maybe some of the Mi. people might have been there.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Ron. Having read that ad while in Savannah, GA, I would never have guessed Detroit. I guess they figure they're the only Ford Field in existence or something! Or someone screwed up when composing the ad.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:21 AM   #5
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Ron we usually try to make it to the Ford field show it is the one that used to be at the silverdome in Pontiac, it is a huge show with a lot of rvs of all types.Not sure if we will be going this year but will let you know if and when we will be there. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:44 AM   #6
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
If we go we will be there on Sat. Yes we would like to meet anyone that is going to be there. We will come up on Fri. night and stay over till Sun. and come back home.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glass Guy

Ron we usually try to make it to the Ford field show it is the one that used to be at the silverdome in Pontiac, it is a huge show with a lot of rvs of all types.Not sure if we will be going this year but will let you know if and when we will be there. Roman
We go to the show too. We have a quite a bit of RV Shows here in the Detroit Metro area. Usually the first is in Novi, the second is still at the Silverdome, they still do have them there every year as the venue is really large. Then last year we went to Ford Field for the first time. I liked that one the best of all and the venue is very nice. There is another smaller version at the Fishing and Camping show which has been at both the Silverdome and also the Palace where the Piston's play.

We also met Jeff Rank there last year. He was so nice and ran around to all the different dealers showing us the new Montana Models. Our dealer always has an area in all the shows.

I'm hoping someone will have the Cambridge this year.

I'm not sure which day we will be going, sometimes we go early on Friday as Dick used to get home from work by 2:30 p.m. This year is schedule has changed a bit. We would love to meet anyone who would like to catch up with us.

For those of you going that aren't from the immediate area, Greek Town is a very neat place to go and have a meal before or after the show and it's not very far. There is gambling there too if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Take care all and hope to see some of you very soon.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:34 AM   #8
glee

M.O.C. #2176
Everyone,
The ford Field show took place Jan 27, 28, 29, and 30th. The Novi show is coming this weekend (2-11, 12, and 13th) I think, or next weekend (2-18, 19, and 20th). I have tickets, but they're at home and I'm not! Have attended both in previous years (Silverdome) and really prefer the Novi show. Not as interested this year, as we just got our 3400 RL set up this last weekend!! Can't wait for warm weather to arrive! Still, hope you can make the show.
glee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:54 AM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
That is so weird as this is the information I have.

Novi Expo Camper & RV Show

3rd Annual Ford Field Camper, Travel & RV Show

I believe we have only missed the Michigan Camper Travel & RV Show - Pontiac Silverdome, January 26 - 30, 2005

(the links should take you to the actual event page)

We didn't hit the Silverdome this year and it was blistery cold and it is usually every year. We really like the Novi show too, although we had the hardest time figuring out the layout the first time we were there and it took forever for us to find the things we were looking for. I'm pretty sure we will be attending both events.
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:34 AM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Sounds like a great show. It's quite a ways over, but, maybe we will see about coming.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #11
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
The show coming up in March is at Ford field which is downtown Detroit. The other one was at the Pontiac Silverdome. Some of our camping club here in Ft. Wayne went to it. If we go we will be at the show on Sat. If anyone else is going to be there let us know and when we make up our minds I will PM our cell phone to you. We had one in Ft. Wayne this past week But no Montanas. Were to far from a dealer
Old 02-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #12
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Okay we are coming to the show. If anyone else is going on Sat the 5th email me and we can make plans to meet somewhere there. I hope they have a cambridge there. We are staying at Best Western Allen park
Old 02-13-2005, 05:14 AM   #13
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
There was an article in today's newspaper about the Ford Field Camper show in Detroit, Mi. If you follow RC and Samantha's link or click on this link http://www.showspan.com/fct/ it tells you all about it. For those of you that are sure you are going, on the right side of the link you can buy your tickets online and you get a coupon for free parking. Also in the paper if you want more information, call (800)328-6550.

I don't know if we will be able to attend. We are hoping to take off for two or three weeks the beginning of March.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #14
Montana_1246

M.O.C. #1246
Going to the Novi show on Wednesday. Only live a couple of miles from there. See you there, if you're going then.
Montana_1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:40 AM   #15
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We are going to the show in Detroit. It is the weekend of Mar 4-6. We will be going on Sat the 5th. Does anyone know who the dealer is that is closest to there. Might email and see if they are going to be there. Sure hope so.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We have three Monty dealers in the area. Lloyd Bridges Traveland in Chelsea (about 30 miles west of Detroit) and they go to most of the shows. This is the dealer we purchased our Montana from www.lloydbridgestraveland.com 800-475-1347. We were at Lloyd Bridges about a month ago and they had no info on the Cambridge at that time. A&S RV Center is in the Auburn Hills area www.asrvcenter.com 248-373-5811 no toll free # listed. There is another dealer in Marlette that just started carrying the Montana but they are quite far away and I don't think they participate in the shows. Hope this helps.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #17
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Thanks Maybe will send email and see if they are going to be there.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:13 AM   #18
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Okay Tomorrow afternoon we leave for Detroit. If anyone is going to the show on Saturday let me know and we can make plans to meet. We are staying at the best western in Allen Park. Will get there late Friday night.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:41 AM   #19
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
too far for us!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote