Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2014, 07:49 AM   #21
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
We looked at a Life Styles and almost pulled the trigger but they are a new company and really wasn't sure about warranty issues. They are priced a bit higher also so we went with what we know the last Monty was a good one and I pretty much fixed all the nagging problems my self never returning to our selling dealer. I would never go back to that guy for anything and told keystone about them. Anyways back to the Montana and very happy with our choice. One thing I saw with Life Style is a fully boxed frame they do their own frames in house IMHO that is the way to build a unit. For the type of camping we do they really didn't fit we boondock most of the time and the Life Style is built more for full timing.

boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #22
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
We liked Mobile Suites. Spent time on owners website and saw same issues of so called lesser brands. The 3750 floor plan was deciding factor. Also the depreciation hit on the MS was heavy. They plummeted the first two years. Montana on the other hand, had good resale and larger number of potential buyers. Business aspect, and floor plan were the real factors!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #23
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
I guess we were just plain lucky on the technical aspects. Fit, finish and floor plan were key for us. Two big issues for us were the w/d hookups not in the front closet and only one access to the bathroom. I did not like having two swinging door to the bath area or the bath included with the bedroom area. Steered away from Cedar Creek after I saw the wall/structure issues my brother had. Welded wall framing was a biggie. The big wow factor for us was the hickory interior-that cinched the sale. After buying we continued to look at other brands-man there are some real ugly interiors out there. I was especially surprised by some of the "higher end" units. As far as I'm concerned, we bought a Cadillac!
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #24
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
The Open Range Residential was a top contender and we came this close to getting one; however, the frame welds did not look as good as on the Montana, I wasn't thrilled with cable slides and many of the interior finishings were plastic vs wood in the Montana. This was back in 2010, and OR was fairly new on the market; that didn't thrill me, either. So we went with the Montana and I'm glad we did. Even after looking at new Montana models every year, I'm very content with ours. It's a solid unit, got it via the factory and we know its history.
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote