Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Rubber Tramps
Established Member

M.O.C. #9416
LP Gas Detector

We have the 09 Hickory Edition. Every now and then (like now) our gas detector in the kitchen starts beeping and flashing in the "testing" mode. DH will get down and blow air into it and it stops. It's just started doing this in the past few weeks, maybe once a week. It's hard-wired so no batteries to replace. The rig has been open all day and I've used the stove a couple of times, but it didn't beep during those times. Any thoughts?

Rubber Tramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The detector will also beep if the 12v house batteries run too low, too. Is this a possibility? Are the batteries in good shape and maintaining a charge? I can't comment too much further because I am not familiar with "testing" mode.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
radio flyer
Established Member

M.O.C. #8409
When in test mode I think it is ok to beep & flash. If it is doing this out of test mode you may have a leak, soap test your pipe work.
Also if you have a dog with a GAS probem he will make it go off. I had this problem wih our dog, he could not figure out what the noise was all about. LOL
Good Luck
radio flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
Rubber Tramps
Established Member

M.O.C. #9416
We don't have a dog, but there is my husband . He's thinking maybe the 12v batteries. Thanks ya'll.
Rubber Tramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
After 29 years on a fire department I have been on countless smoke and CO alarm calls. Many times it is a bad detector. This can happen right out of the box. In this case, I would guess as most detectors will go into a test mode when a battery change or power loss occurs. I would check to make sure all the wires are connected tight. I hope it is this simple.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We had to replace our detector already after jusst over a year old. When we pulled it out it said to replace yearly.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote