Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
rosyriz
Established Member

M.O.C. #6858
heat in bedroom of 3485SA

We have Montana 2007-3485SA Fifth Wheel.
We did some camping in the early spring of this year and froze our tooshies off in the bedroom. Anyone else have a concern with heat in their bedroom? Air conditioner seems to be fine. Thanks, Rosyriz

rosyriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Not sure how they ran the heat on the SA models, but the furnace in our RL model would run us right out of the bedroom before we replaced the diffusers (vents) with the adjustible type from Home Depot. Might be worth a shot to give yourself the opportunity to re-direct the heat where you want it.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
I agree with Brad. Enough heat in the bedroom is not a problem for us. It is too warm for us. We had to get an adjustable vent cover and close it.

I'm not familiar with the 3485SA, do you have a floor vent in your bedroom? Can you feel any heat coming through the bedroom vent?
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:53 AM   #4
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
When I saw this topic, I expected to see an x-rated post. What a disappointment!
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #5
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We have the 3485SA and one morning was quite chilly. I got up and turned the fireplace on. The heat went up to the bedroom. We also carry a small heater which I would have plugged in and placed on the chest had it not warmed up.
There is a vent on one side of the bed, but I haven't found one on the other side yet.
I wish they wouldn't put the vents in the floor. I have a lot of throw rugs and have to go around and move rugs not to block the heat.
This thing warms up pretty quick.

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:48 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
rosyriz, the simple answer is the small electric heater, which takes the strain off the propane supply and allows the campground to pay for the electricity! Yeah!

Bob, life is tough. Sorry you were disappointed!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Our heater vents in our 3485 bath and bedroom work just fine. In fact, sometimes to well. I have been known to throw a rug over the bedroom vent as it gets too warm.

As the furnace is close to the bedroom there is no reason you shouldn't be getting heat. I would have your dealer check out the ducting as it may not be connected and the heat is going elsewhere.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #8
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I found the vent ducting and connections of the ducts to the furnace to be "an opportunity" to build upon old world craftsmanship. There were lots of gaps and poor alignments which allowed heated air to go places other than in the ductwork. Might be worth a look even if you don't fix it yourself, you can let your dealer know what you want fixed.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
hahahha - opportunity is right Bill!

I stuck my arm into the utility area by the furnace to run some TV cable and pulled out my arm with most of the furnace ducts attached to my arm. They are attached with aluminum tape, but the surface wasn't cleaned first. Had to redo most of the connections at the furnace with fresh tape.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
rosyriz
Established Member

M.O.C. #6858
Thanks again for your information. I will have the dealer check the duct work to the bedroom this fall. We are still under warranty. We have one vent on the floor in the bedroom and there is another floor vent in the bath. I don't feel heat coming out of either one of them. After hearing that other Montana owners with my floorplan are not having a problem with their heat, I definately think something is disconnected. I am not opposed to using a heater if I have to. Rosyriz

quote]Originally posted by rosyriz

We have Montana 2007-3485SA Fifth Wheel.
We did some camping in the early spring of this year and froze our tooshies off in the bedroom. Anyone else have a concern with heat in their bedroom? Air conditioner seems to be fine. Thanks, Rosyriz
[/quote]
rosyriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:58 AM   #11
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
We had no heat coming from the two center L/R heat reg. It all came out of the bedroom and the far end reg in the L/r. I put in the adjustable vents purchased from Home Depot and it made all the diff. in the world. We now have nice even heat throughout the rv.If you stick the ceiling vent plugs in the ceiling vents (purchased from CW). You should have nice even heat throuout the camper and the furnace will not recycle as much
Heli 190 is offline   Reply With Quote