Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Lower Panel

Hello I have some damage on the lower panel,under the storage door on right side when facing the Montie. The panel looks like it is around 6' long. Has anyone taken one of these lower panels off, and if so how hard was it to do yourself. Most of it looks easy, just not sure around the storage door and the Heater vent. Thanks for the advice.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
2 for Him
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7383
Randye,

I have taken one off, it was fairly easy. You will probably have to take the storage door and vent completely off to get it off easily, and of course the strip at the top of it that holds it on. Just remove and replace with new any old caulking or sealant that is around/under any joints.
I am thinking of replacing all of mine with either aluminum tread plate or a heavier smoother aluminum that I can paint to match my truck. Of course not everyone has the equipment to shape the curves like my neighbor does.
I am a firm believer of doing what you can yourself, especially if it is just remove and replace, good luck.
Tom
2 for Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Tom is right I have a friend who had to replace a section on his cougar. You need to ck but you can get a sheet metal shop to get the alum and they can roll it to match the side. it also comes painted white if you want it. should be alot cheaper than the dealer. I made stuff like that for alot of people even made replacement header parts for a friends John Deere combines.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote