Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Slide Stalling Question

I have an 05 335RLBS Mountaineer. We last went out in October for a few days. We are about to go out for a 2 weeker on the 7th. I have never had any slide problems. The other day I used my Honda 2000 gen to give us some power while we did some cleaning and packing for the coming trip. We were not level a slight down and grade from back to front and also from entry door to slide side. We ran out the slides but I did not turn on my 12v system just used the 110 power from the Honda all ok. Came to bring them in and bedroom came in fine, living room came in about 1/2 way and stop. Pushed button again and it came in remainder. It has done this twice now over the 2 weekends we were working on the unit. Last time we had the generator and batteries both on. I know some people have had problems with theirs at times. I would think if it was a problem it might be something that would happen all the time and probably not continue in. Any thoughts. I wonder if the grade not severe but there for drainage in our storage facility so it was down and to one side. Maybe since the trailer has been holed up for the last couple of months things are stiff. I would think if a short or some other type problem it would not start right up when I pushed it the second time. I am suspecting it is something I should watch or do all of you know something else from these symptoms?
Can the slides be cranked in with the same tool you lower your stab jacks with if necessary? I would want to be prepared in case of a problem.

Thanks
Bob

Thanks BOb

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Look in MOC in MARS maintenance under Slide out operation pause

Old 02-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Bob,

The Slide pump has a 40 or 50 amp circuit breaker in the system.
When it is cold the Oil in the the system gets pretty thick and can cause the pump to heat up quickly.
This will trip the circuit breaker, wait 20 or 30 seconds and the breaker will reset.
Each time the breaker trips it gets a little weaker.
I put a 80 amp breaker(actually a pair of 40's) in and have not had any problem since.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I have a 2005 330RKBS and just started having the same problem about 2 weeks ago. I went to CW and purchased some Thetford Slide Lube and sprayed the gears/hydraulic arm. I also installed a second battery about the same time. I haven't had the slide stop since. I don't know which one helped out but its working. I also purchased some of the rubber conditioner. This is some good stuff. The added bonus is I don't have all of the creaking noise when the slides go in & out.

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote