Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2008, 05:17 AM   #1
jimcar827
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4829
Mission tire reimbursements

I had a ply separtion problem with one of my Mission bangers, and replaced the four on the ground with new BFG's. I notified Tireco and they immediately told me I would be reimbursed for my troubles. This was in early September and I am still waiting. I have been in touch with Tireco twice in the last two weeks and have been told that my claim is in the "approval stage".
How long have some of you folks had to wait for reimbursement?

Thanks,

Jim

jimcar827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I had to wait almost three months, this was in July of last year. I think patience is the keyword here. My claim went from inspections stage, to approval stage to payment stage and finally the check was in the mail. Perhaps with all the holidays, the time is a little longer.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Jim, I replaced ours after one separated. They called and told me only one of the five was defective. So, don't be surprised if something happens you don't get a refund.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Jim, I had one seperate but sent them the 4 that were on the ground. They informed me only one was defective. Not sure I could argue with their assesment. I got the check for the one in about 2 months after they completed their assesment. I wasn't unhappy with the way they handled my claim as we had 19k miles on those tires.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I sent mine in July and am still waiting. Last time I checked they were still in the approval stage.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:30 AM   #6
Jerry Smith
Established Member

M.O.C. #8987
I called the Dist in Ill. and they sent me five new tires NO Questions asked .. Had all five in less and a week the paid freight both ways.. Again no problems at all withe the service.
Jerry & Shirley Smith
Jerry Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:03 AM   #7
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Jerry brings up a good point for others reading this thread. Tireco is quick to replace the tires but slow to send you money for you replacing their product with another brand. I had a blow out on the way to the fall rally and the replacement tires arrived at the Elkhart campground before we did.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
We had tread sepration on two of the 5 tires on our late 2006 3400RL at about 10,000 miles. Tireco sent us 5 new replacement tires (Freestar)at their expense, I got them mounted and sent back the 5 old Missions at their expense. The Freestars look a heck of allot better than the Missions ever did. No sidewall bulging, etc. The test will be when we head back home in April on our 1600 mile journey back to WA state. I discussed with them a bit what a outright cash settlement might be on the Missions, the disussion went something like this. They first inspect the tires, determine if or how bad they are, if defective they then adjust based on a prorated mileage basis starting at about $80 and working down from there based on how bad they are and the prorated mileage adjustment. Sounded to much like a real hassle to me and I just am unable to beleive they would replace the bad Mission tires with known bad Freestars so I have gambled on the replacements. Time and mileage will tell, however. New 4 year warranty on the Freestars.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Replaced all 5 of mine, took almost 5 months to get my money, but I did finally get it.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:35 AM   #10
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
jimf, how many of your tires seperated,what did you say to get all 5 tires paid for. I had two blow out which iwas paid for. I then purchased two more and sent back those two and they denied my claim. I might send it in again before I file in small claims court?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote