Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2003, 01:08 PM   #1
Montana_155
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #155
Installing Washer / Dryer

Has anyone installed their own w/d? The Keystone rep said there are NO studs, NO plumbing and NO electrical on the outside wall of the laundry closet (specifically referring to the Big Sky 3575RL). I have contacted an RV service company that told me I should just do the work myself because that way I could keep the new set of hole saws and that it's a relatively simple job. The w/d I got is the Splendide direct vent. I also got a drip pan with a drain hole to plumb to the outside. I'm just looking for installation advice if anyone can help. Also, how will the gelcoat react when drilled from the inside out? Will it shatter or is it similar to drilling other fiberglass? Thanks!

2003 3575RL B.S. on order
2002 F-350 CC PSD
Household is owned and operated by Australian Shepherds.

Montana_155 is offline   Reply With Quote