Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2005, 05:40 AM   #21
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Well it all sounds very nice. But here in So. California it has been rain, rain, rain and more rain. And not just rain but funnel clouds, hail, snow, wind, gusts, everything that the weather could bring to us it has. Right now the sun is out, but in the distance are the BLACK clouds, and they are comin this way. YUCK! So tired of it. Cuz as you know in California it isn't suppose to be like this. RIGHT!!!!! Luckly we are working on our other house that we are selling. All inside. It is in escrow but there are some things that we want to get done for the new owner. THEN WE ARE OUT OF HERE!
We spent the last weekend in Laughlin, NV. Hit torrent rains there too. HUH, seems to be following us!!!LOL. It was really something. With all the rain, the river was so low that the ducks were walking across the river.......No kiddin!
Met a man from Washington who was telling us that it is just beautiful up there. Are we doing something wrong?
Then went by to visit my brother in Blythe. He lives right on the river about 1 1/2 hours south of Laughlin, the river was at full capacity....The weather was great. So please send the spring here to S. Cal. Please! Paul and Kathi

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:18 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Blue skies and sunshine! 73 degrees! Tshirt, shorts, and sandals here in Savannah, GA.

Really sorry to hear about all the rain problems in SoCal, though. Better days are ahead. Kathi, when we lived in the San Diego area we used to call that "liquid sunshine!"
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #23
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
It is beautiful here in north Georgia as well, mid-60s and absolutely beautiful blue skys, though the wind has been gusting on and off. I was talking to a man who works on campers today and he commented on what a nice day it is, and I had to tell him that it makes me wish I was camping. A little over three weeks now…
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #24
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Wordsmith, your reference to North Georgia interested me and I found Statham on the map. Not too far from Banks County from where my great grandfather, Michael Jackson Ragsdale left for East Texas in 1869. We have visited there several times and have stayed in the campground in Commerce, GA. (It used to be KOA, but I notice that it has become independent since we last stayed there.) I have a note about my great grandfather at this site. [He is at the bottom of the page.]

http://www.dwilliamson.com/ggreat.htm

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #25
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Padredw, Commerce is about 30 miles from my house. We typically follow Hwy. 441 through Commerce and Banks County when we camp in Unicoi SP, though we were up that way a couple of weeks ago at the outlet malls situated there on I-85; they have a pretty nice Coleman outlet store there and I was looking for one of their Northstar lanterns but they did not have any in stock. It truly is a small world!

By the way, I noticed the picture of the lillies in your yard poking their heads up. My wife has quite a few beds located in the yard, and ours look much the same!

The link to your great grandfathers in quite interesting; one day I need to do that with my family.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #26
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Apologies to all if I make this thread too personal, but to Wordsmith: We have stayed at Unicoi several times, but that was before our RV days. That whole area of Georgia (and up into North Carolina) is one of our favorite spots in the nation. Maybe we will get back to Unicoi in the Montana someday soon. We stay at Commerce because that is the closest to Homer and Banks County. We have been there several times for the annual "Old Fashioned Day" in a church built by my great grandfather's brother.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #27
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Sounds like you have some “deep” roots here in Georgia!

Now that I have the diesel, we plan to camp further in the mountains of Georgia and North Carolina, though I must confess that Unicoi is my favorite due to the beauty of the area and its accessibility to so many sights.

When you stayed there, where did you stay, in one of the barrel cottages or the lodge?
Old 03-06-2005, 04:58 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
A unusual event occured yesterday here in Norhern Ohio. A large bright object appeared in the sky and remained there for about 4 hours.The 6PM news reported that it was "the Sun"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:35 AM   #29
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Our flower trees are in bloom, daffodils out, grass needs mowing and it is 70 degrees with NO RAIN here in southern Oregon. If we were not at home awaiting the birth of grandchild #4 we would be camping!
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:39 AM   #30
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Just a quick note to say that we stayed in the Lodge at Unicoi. We were there only overnight and did not have reservations. We have stayed a couple of times at "Ft. Tatham" (Spelling?) just south of Dillsboro, North Carolina, and once at "Holly Cove" near Whittier, NC. Both of these in the RV. We always try to eat at the Jarrot House (sp.?) in Dillsboro when we are up that way.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #31
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I am not familiar with the campgrounds but definitely the Jarrett House (not sure on the spelling either) and Dillsboro. That is some very beautiful country. Growing up and with my parents retired, we spent most of our time during the summer a little farther east, around Brevard, NC. Davidson River campground was like a second home to me!
Old 03-06-2005, 12:02 PM   #32
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Hi Richfaa:

In ND that is the ON light for the wind and it is kicking up today,, 30+ with gusts to 45. We had rain go through too and they are forecasting 1" tonight. Good thing it isn't snow. That would be close to a foot. It isn't good when the wind is higher than the temp, but it usually happens here from November to Mar. Mar is when we usually have the unsettled weather and when we get our biggest snowfalls. The days are getting longer and I have seen some geese heading north. Crazy fools,, lol. Anyway, they are always a welcome sight. We are under their flyway, and it isn't unusual to to see large sloughs filled with geese both spring and fall.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:03 AM   #33
alanzuck
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #871
In New York, we were in the 50's today, and sunny! But it's not going to last. Tomorrow, it's supposed to get back to the 30's, and rain and snow.

This is my last winter in the snow (I hope)! Next year, it's snowbirding in Florida. Just bought a place in Naples. Can't wait!!!
alanzuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #34
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Virgil..we just got your weather today..Wind is howling,sidways rain now, snow to follow. Alanzuck We will be snowbirding winter of 2006/2007. Waiting for wife to retire..she is counting the days/hours.mins/sec.Flordia also..don't know where yet...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #35
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We live in the Skagit Valley, famous for it's Tulip Festival in the month of April. They are 2 to 3 weeks early this year and they will be lucky to have any blooms to show by April Today it was showers, wind , sun and 63 degrees. Spring is here. The North Cascade Highway will be open earlier than ever this year too.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:49 AM   #36
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
The TV says 11 days til spring. Someone better tell them that the snow is coming down gangbusters and the wind is out of the north at about 30mph. Windchills today going to -10F or more as the temp drops. What is wrong with this picture?
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:45 AM   #37
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Your location! (just kidding)

It is still warm and beautiful here. Even the magnolias are already in bloom.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #38
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bowie,
You are in Upstate New York, that's what is wrong with the picture. LOL. Spent 10 cold years there. How Up are you. I lived in Chenango Bridge, Vestal area and spent a lot of time in Syracuse. Raised four daughters there by myself mostly. Beautiful country but if you like Tricker Treating in the snow and celebrating Mother's Day in the snow, you are there.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #39
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
I can't resist sharing a photo I took yesterday here in East Texas. I will put in only the URL, so if you don't want to wait for the JPG, you don't have to click it. Actually, the daffodills are almost over for the year, just caught these in time:

http://dw4u.net/daf3.jpg

Old 03-10-2005, 02:11 PM   #40
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
That is an absolutely beautiful picture; scenes like that certainly make me anxious for the weekend, but even moreso to be camping. Spring break is only two weeks away!