Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thousand Trails Trial

Well, we were going to camp at Pacific City in Cloverdale, Oregon which is a TT campground. For three nights it was going to be $144 plus tax. Thousand Trails right now is $449 for a one-year membership. Well, even I can do that math - three, three-night stays and it's a break even deal. Any more and it's an even better deal.

There are a few Oregon Coast sites, and even more in Washington, so we're going to give it a try. Kris can be pretty flexible with her schedule, so we're hoping if we can scoot in on Thursdays instead of Fridays, we may do pretty well.

I know a few folks have mentioned Thousand Trails out there - any Northwest ones you might recommend?

Thanks much!

Greg and Kris

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We stayed in Trinidad Ca a couple years ago, RPI park, but was a ctc park also. The second day we were there, 40some male elk were in the grass between the cg and the road. They stayed for two days, left one day and the females and bewborns were a day behind them. Got awesome photos. Coastline and redwoods were really neat.
You can check out the ctc campgrounds on line too.
After we dropped the RPI, we stayed with PA, different plans suit different people. Have a good time, love the coast! By the way, did I mention I'm from Ohio, no such scenery here!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Wow, those elk would have been something to see. I've seen them in passing, but never for a couple days. The scenery is wonderful out here. We try not to take it for granted, and get to the coast as often as we can. Now that we have a trailer again, we hope to do so even more. We are lucky we're only an hour or so from the coast, we have a few mountains within an hour or so, desert if you want that in eastern Oregon and Washington - we sort of have it all - and hope to see more of it!

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote