Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
brooksider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9963
Thomaston, CT

We are staying only one night at Branch Brook Campground 435 Watertown Rd Thomaston, CT. It is not a nice CG. The washers are apart, cash only, the grounds need a lot of work. they want another$2.50 if you use a AC or heater after charging 40.00 a night and some other amennities are not avalible as well as there was no one to greet you and the money and a slip in the door.
There is not much in this area to camp. this time of the year. Any way on the road tomorrow heading for home.
Later
Joe

brooksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
You're right. There is very little in the way of campgrounds in that part of Connecticut. The only good thing you got there was the price. Most campgrounds in
Connecticut charge a lot more. I would say the average overnight in Connecticut is around $50+ a night unless you got to a state park (most state parks do not
allow pets). We live towards that part of the state and we go to the Eastern side of the state for the nicer campgrounds. Believe me there are a lot of wonderful
CG's in this state but a lot are just starting to open up after the winter season. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but thank you for telling us about it. I
know I won't be using that CG any time in the future.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote