Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Big Sky 360REQ

Has anyone actually seen a Big Sky 360REQ, in person? I just noticed, on the website, that they have finally posted the specs for the 360, and although it appears to be slightly larger than the 430, it's weight is actually lower and carrying cap is higher. Otherwise it appears to be just like the 340 RLQ with the entertainment center and recliners swapped around??? If anyone has actually seen it, our question is whether the TV is able to be seen easily from the recliners/couch or not. It appears to have a larger desk area which would be a big plus for us. Just curious, as all the talk has been about the 340. Thanks, Sue C

Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,

I have not seen the new 360REQ in the Big Sky addition but, I have seen the 3600RE Montana addition while at the factory last September. This is my opinion; the 360REQ and the "updated" 3600RE have a bad layout design. You can see the TV from the recliner on the right side of the slide but, the person sitting in the left will really have to strain their neck to see it. I really liked the look and flow of the original 3600RE with the wall to wall cabinets and without the desk. Again, just my opinion but, I would not buy the new 360REQ or 3600RE because of the layout.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I think Keystone has only built the 340RLQ to date.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
The rep who gave us our tour of the Big Sky factory on Friday says that they have only produced the 340RLQ to date and have just finished putting together the first prototype of the 350RLQ, which will be coming off the line later this Spring. They have not produced a 360 to date. I'll start a separate thread later on what we saw during the tour--very informative, but exhausting!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

I'll start a separate thread later on what we saw during the tour--very informative, but exhausting!!!
Hooray, can't wait to hear what you found out. We're still on the fence, LOL. Sue C
Old 04-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Sue, I saw the 360RLQ at RV Traders in Mesa,AZ. Actually I was shocked that it was the 360 because I thought I was going to see the 340 but in Golden Vista. I had already seen the 340 RLQ in Aspen Forest. I know the factory says they have not built one, but there it was. There sure seems to be alot of confusion on what they have and have not built!!!!! It must have been a prototype. I think it also had a slider between the bedroom and kitchen area. I think it looked nice, but it seemed darker inside to me, because of not having the large back window. It seems like there was not much leg room at this desk just like in the 340 either because of the stereo equipment being stored behind the desk where your feet would extend. If you go into a Montana 3600RL you should get the same feel for watching the tv since it is the same floor plan. I would like to have seen the 350 before ordering the 340. Karen
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
I just saw my fisrt BIG SKY yesterday and it was the 360REQ. It was gorgeous!! Golden Vista colors. The tv slides out and can tilt toward the couch or chairs, i think. I pulled it out but didn't actually turn it. But even without pulling it out you can definately see it from the couch and at least one of the chairs, plus the dining chairs or while standing at the kitchen counter. I'd love to trade but got to convince Fred first and since he was working when it came in he hasn't seen it yet. I'll try to get some pictures posted and i'll be going to see it again this week if anyone wants to know something specific.

Jen
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #8
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Hi Jen, where did you see the 360REQ? We finally got to see an actual 340 yesterday, for the first time. I'm a polymer clay artist and so, one of the things, I am looking at is desk space and the 360 seems to have a larger desk area on paper, anyway. Thanks for your reply, Sue C