Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2006, 03:33 AM   #21
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Colleen

I sleep on the futon (which replaced the sofabedfromhe*%). For a lot of reasons, one of them, that the yorks can get up and down with ease. Not so with the bed. (I know, anything for the dogs, love me love my dog!)

When I had the sofabedfromhe*% I used some of the waffle foam. It was not as good as this memory foam stuff. But, I was able to fold it up in the couch.

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 AM   #22
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Carol, Okay, when I get home tonight, I'll measure mine. I know it's thicker than 2.5 ". But I could be wrong. We'll see.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #23
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well I got to measure the mattress and it's a 2 1/2" piece of foam. I found this out when we pulled it out to lighten the load as we took the sofa out the door. We now have a futon sitting in it's place. Although the futon is longer it will take up a lot less room when open AND the futon is considerably lighter in weight. We can also store stuff under the futon which was not an option with the sofa. By lessening the weight and acquiring more usable space I can now look for more toys to make up the difference.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 AM   #24
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
My dd who is 25 slept on ours and said it was ok...The grandkids usually are the ones that sleep on it the most...only thing that I hate about it is you can not walk when it is out. What I do is just lift it up and go through but it is still a pain...the granddaughters are only 4 and 5 so lifting it does not interrupt there sleep....oh I think ours is about 5 inch thick but would have to measure for correct thickness.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #25
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Glenn, POST A PHOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #26
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Colleen,
I fold my memory foam pad up when I close the bed. Folds up and stores out of the way, also helps keep a nice firm base for the sofa cushions to sit on.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #27
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Glen, I'd also like to see a picture of the futon! We have been thinking of replacing our sofa with a double recliner love seat, but it is costly and doesn't save any room. I'm interested in how it looks open and closed up, if you care to share with us. Thanks

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #28
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Mel, here is ours:

http://geocities.com/genieyorks/montanaourway.html

It does not take up LESS room in the couch position, as it is about 1 or 2 inches wider than the sofacouchfromhe*% was. However, when you unfold it for sleeping, it is about 2/3 of what the sofacouchfromhe*% was. Lots more room to walk around at night. In fact, I'll admit it, we are known to leave it in the sleeping position more than put it into the couch position. We are lazy and the dogs LOVE that thing! HAHA

Cheers, Carol

GLENN WE STILL WANT A PHOTO!!

Carol
Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #29
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Carol,
got your picture, thanks. Looks great. How did you manage to find one that matched the decor so well?

Glen,
still would like to see yours!

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #30
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Joy,

HAHA, funny you should ask, it took me like 30 minutes to pick out the futon and the mattress

Took me about an hour to go through ALL the covers they had available. Found that one, color was great, Carol was VERY happy! HA HA

Yep we still want to see Glenn's!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #31
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
That was the first thing we took to the dumpster. We had no takers at the RV Resort, it was brand new, very cheap foam. We bought a new sofa sleeper mattress and added a thin memory foam pad, now we can have company sleep on it. It is very comfortable we were told, especially with people and their back problems. It is thicker so takes a little effort to close up after use, just a little extra time to fold in half and tuck back in to make a couch.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Polaris Family

We have a few questions. Do any of you use the sleeper sofas? Do you use it often? Anyone know the life expectancy of those "matresses"? Ours is the folding type rather than the jack-knife, it's all of two years old with very little use, but there seems to be nothing left in the way of support in the matress. We were just wondering if this is typical, and any idea how much it costs to replace one? Any help is appreciated!
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:20 AM   #32
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Okay, measured ours last night and it's 4" thick. So, I guess we got a little better quality one than the other ones that are only 2.5". Cool! Don't have to worry about this one!
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 AM   #33
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks Lisa for taking the time to measure and post. Very interesting.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:04 AM   #34
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lisa, not so fast. Even 4 inches might not be comfortable. The trouble with all hide a beds is you feel the metal bar that is in the middle. There is a special fold up board you can buy that eliminates the feeling of the bar. I've seen it advertised, haven't bought one yet. It is on my long list.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #35
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Sue, Everyone who has slept on it says they can't feel the bar. I can't feel it. I laid down on it last night when I had it out and about went to sleep! Maybe ours has what you're talking about? I'm going to have to take another look at the whole set up underneath the mattress this weekend. I'll let you know.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #36
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
well if our granddaughter is much of a judge lol she always ends up in our bed with us starts out in the sleeper with her mother but we like her little junts to our bed lol don't want mom to get to confortable may never go home lol
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote