Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #21
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy, I thought you had already planned on going until at least 90. Love your Christmas Scene.

Dave, I can't find Rodeo Drive. I'll keep trying but you might have to come down and help.

Dennis, I posted some new pictures just for you on our journal.

Our present mood. Elated.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #22
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
The most sure way to find "Rodeo Drive" is go to the main drag like headed back out of town Just as the road starts to swing away from the railroad, bear to your left at the stop light. I think that is street is constitution. You will go past Supermarket LEY. Keep going about 6 or eight more blocks . The last few will be dirt, Then you will come to a paved street. There is a big hardware and lumber supply across the street. Turn left on the paved street. Go several blocks and cross the railroad tracks. You will see a bunch of firewood stand. Keep driving and the next several blocks with all the shops is called Rodeo Drive. If you go beyond that, the road leads past all the new condos, the reef and on into Colla Bay about 5 or 6 miles distant.

One other place you should know about is Rosie's restaurant. Rosie has best breakfast in town. Huevos Rancheros with bacon and a drink was about $5.00 last year. Rosie herself is a kick. This resturant is about two or three blocks past supemarket LEY --turn left and it is on your left in the first block.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:46 PM   #23
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill and Helen,
So glad you're having fun in Puerto Penasco. It is a nice little place. I sure hope the Condo thing does not ruin it. Did you take the 27 mile drive east of Organ Pipe? If you didn't then you missed a great desert experience. They even have a couple of hiking trails that looked really nice. Of course I can't do the hiking thing but if you can I think it would be worth it.

The fish vendors and the guys that want to take you out for a fishing trip are the ones we had to beat off. Other than that the store experience was totally normal. No problems at all. I don't think we in the states understand how to barter! We ended up paying about as much for stuff there as we would have paid in the states! We need more practice!

Enjoyed your pictures. Does not sound as if you've done the travel east of west of town as of yet. As a matter of fact the Condo you show on the beach seems to be a new one from when we were there just a year ago! Good luck and keep having fun. We found nothing but helpful people in our travels to that area.

Enjoy and see you later. Hopefully we'll be able to hook up in Quartzsite. If you haven't done Yuma yet you may want to spend a week or so there. Lots to do and see around there too. Including Algodones. Algodones is a little Mexican town right on the border. It is basically a place to pick up discounted drugs. You can get good supplies of the prescriptions you may need. By the way you do NOT need a prescription. Just know the name and dosage of whatever it is you're taking. Also good place to get glasses and dental work.

Later.... Dennis and Mary Kay

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 AM   #24
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Ok Dave. We found Rodeo Drive and Rosie's Restaurant. We have to go back to Rosie's again because we were too full to eat. This is the cheapest shopping trip I have ever had on Rodeo Drive (I will be adding pictures later to our blog). Our only purchase was a T-Shirt that has a guy in a hammock between two palm trees that says WILL NOT WORK FOR ANYTHING. Now I have to go take a shower, wash my hair, clean my shoes, Scrub my feet. You get the picture. We stopped at the grocery store on our way back but wound up just looking. Sunday is not a good day to go. The locals do all their shopping today and the lines were brutal. Will try again tomorrow.

Dennis, I think the construction has doubled since you were here. The entire Sand Beach has one Condo after another. The local paper has big stories on President Fox coming here to inspect all the goings on etc. Seems it used to be that you could buy a unit but had to lease the land from Mexico so you stood a chance to lose everything. Now the Americans can buy up the land and have the Mexicans do the work and it can be sold without restrictions. The unit I took the picture of where we went for Happy hour last night has sold 760 Seaside Condos in the last 24 months. It is on a 18 hole golf course and start at $200,000.00. This continues on and on all the way between Bonita RV and the Reef so you know what I mean when I say there might not be RV Parks for long. The Condo's bring in so much more for the same space. SAD. but TRUE. Most of the people we told to have been coming here for 10-20 years and tell us of all the changes. While it still is quite primitive a little ways back from the beach area, there is Ultra Modern American Places and roads here.

Thanks to everyone for the E-mails and PM's but if we stayed here for another month we could not try all the food that everybody is telling us about. But I promise you, WE WILL TRY. Helen
Old 12-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #25
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Hamrad, We drove East and found the place you were telling us about today. It is really getting built up. We saw Phase 10 completed already. There is the first row all along the beach, the second row behind and a third row in progress. Then there is the road. The other side of the road is all laid out for a continuation. It looks like that might be all High Rise Condo's overlooking the private homes. All the cars we saw in the driveways were from the US. Mostly Arizona and Canada. Along with the construction there are a bunch of restaurants, US real estate offices and furniture stores. I have very mixed feelings about this progress. Helen