Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2015, 03:29 AM   #1
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Dura Kitchen Faucet

So I have this water pressure problem, but only in the kitchen. Hardly anything coming out. I called my dealer and they shop helped me trouble shoot it over the phone. Then I went on the Dura website and noticed they have a lifetime guarantee, so I called them. They think the ceramic valve cartridge is bad and they are sending a new one for FREE!!! I now love the Dura people. However, they don't seem able to answer my question on how to get the old one out. When I have the handle off and look down at the valve there is a ring sitting on top that has a built in nut. I assume that if I unscrew this ring I will be able to lift out the old and set in the new. However, it looks like I need a thin wall socket wrench to remove the ring, and I do not know what size it is. I would hate to go back and forth to the hardware store buying and trying sockets till I get one fixed. Does anyone happen to know the size?

washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
If I understand what you are describing you should be able to grip the ring with your hands or a rubber strap wrench and turn it counter clock wise.Once it is off you can get a crescent wrench on the nut. Jim
Old 05-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
There is a chance that your hardware problem could have possibly been caused by the water running through your system. After a year of full timing and water coming from countless campgrounds we noticed a calcium buildup on our water hardware. We had to replace a couple of minor fittings that were not worth the effort to de-calcify. We added one of those blue filters that you buy at Wal-Mart to the water line and have pretty much eliminated the problem.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
andylparish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17188
Dura faucet is great. We had the diverter fail in the shower faucet on the next day after we picked up our unit. Emailed them yesterday and sent pictures today so they can send parts free of charge. Nice to deal with a reputable company. Read on their website that their faucets have a lifetime guarantee.
Mountain Home, Arkansas
andylparish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DonandBonnie

There is a chance that your hardware problem could have possibly been caused by the water running through your system. After a year of full timing and water coming from countless campgrounds we noticed a calcium buildup on our water hardware. We had to replace a couple of minor fittings that were not worth the effort to de-calcify. We added one of those blue filters that you buy at Wal-Mart to the water line and have pretty much eliminated the problem.
We have a "whole house" filter built in, so we have only had filtered water for 6 years. Could be we picked up debris from the water heater, for example pieces of the sacrificial anode.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #6
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

If I understand what you are describing you should be able to grip the ring with your hands or a rubber strap wrench and turn it counter clock wise.Once it is off you can get a crescent wrench on the nut. Jim
The nut is not separate. It seems to be built into the ring, without a lot of space to put a conventional socket wrench on it.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by andylparish

Dura faucet is great. We had the diverter fail in the shower faucet on the next day after we picked up our unit. Emailed them yesterday and sent pictures today so they can send parts free of charge. Nice to deal with a reputable company. Read on their website that their faucets have a lifetime guarantee.
Yes, that lifetime guarantee is what led me to contact them, and it is paying off. They have bent over backwards to help on this problem. Great customer service!!
Old 05-06-2015, 04:14 AM   #8
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Yes, pieces of the anode are a possibility. Specs say to check the anode annually, but we check it every six months and flush out any debris in the hot water tank with every inspection. It might be overkill, but we feel that keeping the tank clean is more important than the condition of the anode.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote