Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Just like home now......

Well I will try to get some pictures put together over the next week or so. I have done some additions some new and some with existing things from my home after I sold it.

1. Changed the stereo surround system for my Bose Satelite speakers, Powered sub, and 7.1 surround reciever.

2. LG high definition DVD/CD/MP3/IMG player.

3. 32 inch Sanyo HDTV LCD TV.

4. Direct TV with Direct PLUS recording receiver in the livingroom and seperate receiver in the bedroom.

This was a month long project and the ending results are better than what I had in my stick house. The TV I researched and did many a day of brainstorming including endless trips to Best Buy, Sears, Walmart, and every other store handling LCD TVs. With tape measure in hand checking out every angle to make sure things would fit. Probably change the mounting again (always a better way) in the future but for now works very good. I picked the Sanyo because the back is shaped to fit in the existing cabinet leaving only a little over two inches overlapping the cabinet. Looks like it was made for the Monty. Anyone interested in these mods let me know, would be happy to help you get some ideas put together.

Happy Holidays to everyone and maybe this will help with the x-mas list for the techno guys this season.

Remember the............

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Wow! Sounds like you have had a very busy month. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your upgrades.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Looking forward to the pictures. What model was the TV? We've already changed the sound system to a Samsung, but will look at the TV next.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
The TV is a 32 inch Sanyo Vizon, picked it up at Walmart the day after the price dropped 65 bucks to 768 (just by luck). Also just for reference on the dish, Direct TV came out with a new Direct TV Plus (recorder) and because of the new technology had to wire all new coax into the Monty. Took about 3 hours which included the installers phone calls, our at least 1 1/2 hours of BSing. I did help him install it because I wanted it done a certain way that was the least visible. All the wiring enters the Monty from the bottom side.

This turned out for the better account I can pull all the digital HD channels off the original antenna. The TV has a special Digital coax plug in on the back. Couldn't believe the difference between Analog and digital. In the Fort Worth area alone you can pull about 20 stations free and clear from what the installer said. Where I am at 50+ miles from the towers I pull about 15 stations verses 10 on anolog. That will save the extra 9.95 a month Direct wants to have HD. Have to head to work but when I return will try to post some pics Sunday.
Tom

Remember the..............
Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 AM   #5
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Love to see the new improvements. I would have liked to have gone to a 32" LCD but in my 2955RL the biggest set I could find that would fit was a 27" in some brands. Any model with speakers on the side was too big.
Sanyos are a good brand for sure, I ended up with a 26" LCD Panasonic and I used a Walmart TV bracket to attach it in the Monty. In the stick house, we use it in the bedroom on it's removable stand.

I bet your Bose speakers sound terrific. Enjoy the new toys.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #6
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
We here are the pictures of the changes I made. The only thing I did not show was my powered sub behind the rocker.

Left rear speaker

Right rear speaker

Front right speaker

Front left speaker

Front of entertainment center including the center speaker Mods

Back of TV where it fits into cabinet

Bracket for TV made out of plate steel

Slide tray made using drawer slides and plywood

Slide set up from the top.

There are many thing I plan to do including a false floor behind the TV for storage. Lower the center speaker and line it with black mesh for heat escape. Some other finish work to make it look factory. Any questions please feel free to PM me I would be happy to help.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:01 PM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I sure do like the way that tv fits in there. I was thinking of a 27", but yours looks like a winner! The mounting is along the lines of what I was coming up with too...nice looking job - you should be proud.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Extremely nice, well planned job. I likes it!
If I could just hear, I would probably do it myself.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Here is the topic showing the install of the Vizon 32 LCD
Old 01-31-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Nice work! Bose surround, oh could life get any better??!! Enjoy...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:50 AM   #11
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Tom,

Very nice. Depending on the width of that set, it may fit in the 2955 without intruding into the stairway to the bedroom.

Bill
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 AM   #12
minkid
Established Member

M.O.C. #6545
Tom very nice,looks better when i'm sittin in your recliner havin a cold one.Mom want's to know when your going to do hers,i don't think she trusts me to do it. LOL
minkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #13
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
How do you keep the slides locked when traveling?
bob
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote