Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2005, 02:59 AM   #1
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
so sad.......

Just got home from the vets. Had to have my diabetic little Sammie put to sleep. He had tumors on his liver and stomach. Had the little guy for 12 1/2 years. Losing two animals in just a few months is starting to get to us.

Carol

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:10 AM   #2
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Carol;

You have my sympathy. We've been through something similar and I know it's very difficult.

Gary
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:45 AM   #3
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Carol;
Sammie and your other baby are togehter again, romping and playing on the Rainbow Bridge, no cares, no worries and being young aagain.

Our deepest condolensces, Loosing a Fur Child can hurt so much.

Rick and Phyllis
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:16 AM   #4
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We know that can be difficult. We have had to do that a few times and right now we have a diabetic cat we give shots to twice a day. Our daughter brought him home when she was 18. He is 12 now, and we know at some point we will be facing a decision again.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:45 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Sorry to hear about your loss.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:21 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Carol
So sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our little guy last year and I still miss him.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 AM   #7
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
So very sorry to hear about your loss. I have an appointment for our Oreo kitty on Thursday morning. She is at least 20 years old, maybe 21; we don't remember exactly when she found us, but she is really starting to slow down. She is in the early stages of kidney failure so the end is inevitable. It is going to really be hard when that time does come.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:43 AM   #8
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
Our thoughts are with as well. Our "girls" the two dalmations are 12 and 10 years old. The old one is on daily thyroid pills and is still active, but this may be here last trip south to AZ. You know that you cared for them well and you can take comfort in that.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:54 AM   #9
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. After 3 years I still get misty eyed thinking of my last Lab.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:22 AM   #10
Montana_4944
Established Member

M.O.C. #4944
What a hard thing to take. I still think about our whippet we had to put down. I can't imagine two at a time. We are thinking of you both.
Montana_4944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #11
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I have ferrets that I have both loved and lost. I so hate to see them go. One is now enduring lymphoma and we don't know how long he has. I add these for you to read:

“Remember me always, but do not grieve for me too long. I have tried always to comfort you in times of sorrow, and have made every effort to add joy to your life. I never wanted to cause you pain.
Peace for me is certain now, and I suspect I will have eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well.
Please, after your period of grieving for me, make room in your heart for another. You are the kind of human being that should always have a friend like me to love. Your kind and gentle heart should not be wasted on my memory for too long. Give your love to another. I know your new friend will never take my place, because we had something very special.
It may not be quite the same, but a new devoted and loving companion will in time, become special in their own way.
You loved me very much and I loved you. My spirit will always be with you, and no matter how deep my sleep, my grateful heart will always remember you.”

Author unknown

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to some-one here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals that have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together..
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 AM   #12
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOST LOVE ONES. LET THE TEARS FLOW AND THE MEMORIES LAST FOREVER, AMEN.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #13
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Carol, you have my sympathy. Some people do not understand the connection those of us who bring pets into the family have with the furry members of our family, but they are just that, part of the family. We had to put our 15 year old cat Dirk to sleep in August when his kidneys shut down.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Our last little sweetheart (a Schnauzer) could barely walk but what steps she could manage were used to follow me out in the yard. What faithful friends they are! In time, the best solution will be to find a new companion. Greta has more than filled the void, and we're thankful to have her....most of the time. We're so sorry for your loss.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #15
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Carol and Chuck,

We are very sorry to hear about your loss. It must be so difficult, especially this time of year. May you have many happy memories of your beloved pets! We will be thinking of you during this stressful time.

Nita and Al
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #16
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
My heart goes out to you. Pets are a big part of any family and they give us unconditional love.
The kindest thing we can do to our pets is to have them put down when their time has come but that does not make it any easier. Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #17
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carol and Chuck,
We are so sorry to learn of your loss. We know the anguish you are going thru having just lost our little Stormy on November 18. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 AM   #18
jimcar827
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4829
Sorry to hear about your loss, Carol
We had to put our beloved Bailey down two years ago. She was a golden
retriever and developed an immune deficiency.
We grieved for a whole year and finally went out and got another golden.
We adopted Ellie from a golden rescue mission here in Michigan one year ago and it really helped the process.

Chin up kiddo,
Jim and Carla
jimcar827 is offline   Reply With Quote