Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2020, 07:04 AM   #21
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
......dealer told me to bring it back at end of season Incase any other issues were found......The end result was keystone refused to repair the issues so when the time comes to replace my fifthwheel as much as I like the Montana’s, I will not be purchasing another keystone product!
Unfortunately, you chose to believe the dealer. I'm not saying this to be a smart aleck, but I wouldn't have taken delivery without all repairs being done. Or at least, a dealer's written promise to repair those cosmetic things upon your return.

phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:42 AM   #22
Desert Rat
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Yep but if you were a buyer for a dealership they would listen!

Not sure I understand this.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:01 AM   #23
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Hedgehog, the dealer should make it right. They made the promise.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:43 AM   #24
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
What was wrong that Keystone wouldn’t fix?
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:39 AM   #25
Hedgehog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17426
I did trust the dealer since this was the third Rv I bought from them. That was five years ago now so nothing I can do, most things I fixed myself and other things I just live with.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #26
Hedgehog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17426
Veneer finish peeling off the bottom of the cabinets, exterior stripes permanently stained on just one corner of the coach, keystone said it was an environmental issue, leaking gate valves, leaking hydraulic cylinder on kitchen slide out, rear ladder mounted crooked from factory, etc. I have fixes everything except the stripes and the ladder.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are one of the fortunate ones . We have had over the years and two Montana's a very good relationship with Keystone and customer service. That is not to say I always got my way but we were treated with respect . We can attend the fall rallies and there is always a keystone presence there. The factory tour is a learning experience not to mention there are many other brand factories you can tour in the area. This 13 3402 is our 6th Rv and second Montana all of them had some kind of problem. The best one we had was a 96 Fleetwood TT that only had one problem and we had it 9 years of course we did not put many miles on that one as compared to the 100K + we put on our Montana's. We did our own PDI on both Montana's and no papers were signed till the RV passed our PDI.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #28
Hedgehog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17426
My first Montana which was a 2004 2955rl never had a single problem
Old 06-16-2020, 04:42 PM   #29
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
My first Montana which was a 2004 2955rl never had a single problem
Hey, we had one of those. Had it made to order. It was the good quality of that unit that guided us to the one we now have. We almost decided to renovate the 04 and keep going. For the 20k we decided to go new instead. Had we known about the quality of the new ones, we may not have "upgraded". But we made it through the hard part with the new one and have it dialed in. No more new ones.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #30
Hedgehog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17426
That’s where I’m at right now, I spent the summer of 2018 doing all kinds of repairs. I now feel that I know the unit pretty well since I’ve had both front and rear coroplast removed to repair issues, replaced one brake assembly, etc. we are not in love with are current floor plan but bought it based on the advertised length and where I was storing it. For now I will hang on to what I have and when the time comes to trade, I might look at a Riverstone, Luxe, redwood or maybe grand design.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #31
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
Yep me to, they build a nice LOOKING montana, but thats as far as it goes quality is very poor from the frame up.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #32
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
My dealer even stopped selling Montana's because of all the issues after selling them for years. Said quality has definitely been going down hill
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:42 PM   #33
piperterri
Established Member

M.O.C. #23409
My husband just took the door off... problem solved.
Terri Miller
piperterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #34
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratco View Post
For the benefit of future Montana owners. The kitchen gray water valve on my 2019 3121 RL requires me to kneel in the gunk at a dump station to operate the valve. The location and operation of this valve could be engineered to be easier to operate or moved to an accessible location. Just saying....
Our 2020 373RD had two dump hookups - one for Black/Bath Gray and a second for Kitchen gray vs 3971 had one for all. Part of purchase agreement, dealer redid so there was only one. The location of hookup is just under center slide so it makes easy access with slide out. I always care 2-3 2x2 pads to kneel on as knees are over sensitive to pressure and keeps them dry/clean.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #35
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I hear Keystone engineers/designers spend time in the campers?

Do they hitch them up themselves, tow them to the campsite and stay in them for at least a week? Then hitch them back up and visit the dump station?

There are a LOT of things you will miss if you don't have to do the towing and setup!!

One extremely simple thing to correct would be simply hinging the door that covers the control center on an HC 381TH to open the opposite direction. If it is hinged to open towards the entry door it is in the entry pathway at exactly the right height to cause a nasty head bump as you are stepping UP into the camper (and most folks are looking down to make sure of their footing)!!

The solution won't cost you any additional work or $$ other than a manager going down on the assembly floor and telling the workers "hey hinge those doors the other way, folks are hitting their heads"!!!

If you can't pick this low hanging fruit I am ashamed of you!!
Agree with many of your thoughts and statements. MOC has been a blessing since my first purchase in June 2017.

Keystone has also, IMHO, implemented many changes from concerns and problems from MOC posts.

Could more be done? YES

One of the local dealers could help them learn. What might benefit employees is to have a 6 year old, 4 year old and new to spend two nights each to really feel the differences.

Having a few people with super strong interview skills, and NO preconceived opinion, available to talk with customers would be great. For example (2), we moved from a 2017 305RL to a 373RD:

1- The shower insert for 305 had more usable CUBIC inches that 373. The 373 stall stands off the wall further and the grab handle also limits hip space in the most critical location.

2 - Door/Drawer pulls, as nice as they are in 373, the square shape handles are tough on hands especially when brand new.

One of the areas I would like improved - when on the road, it is not always possible to get into an authorized service location - if a consideration for paying for part of the cost of a mobile service tech should be considered. Recent example - on this trip, second day of current trip - got a goose drowning rain for two hours. DW was walking past rear air return when water started pouring out of air return … called mobile tech after unsuccessfully trying to find a service location east of Baton Rouge on-line, talking to dealer and regular Keystone Customer Service. He showed up mid-day. Super guy, 39 years of RV repair. Pulled mounting bolts shot dicor in holes and re-installed. 3 good rains since - no leak.

>>>
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote