Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #21
Chad R
Established Member

M.O.C. #25606
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I will look around a bit, someone did something similar but it was just adding a remote to a switch. It was wireless and your could purchase the item on Amazon.

So the wireless part to go behind the switch already exists and if you and make a remote that can do more than one switch that might be useful.
Yeah there are some 12v systems, One we found was RF that allowed 16 channels but you ended up with these huge remotes with antennas or you end up with bulky wire add-ins and a ton of single remotes.

The idea is to have a small board that does it all. We built the 1st run of boards to be able to control up to 8 12Volt Devices and the board itself is really small. The remote board and we are hoping to eventually have phone/bluetooth support

Chad R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #22
Ed C
Established Member

M.O.C. #22849
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
I'm still in the camp of basic is fine for us.
I agree. I do have the InCommand unit, and it is a pain in the butt! First, you have to enter a PIN every time you access it. Slows down the process of putting out the awning, or pulling in the slideouts, or even turning on the lights!

And if the voltage is low, the InCommand unit will not work, or will trip out, and you must wait until you have full voltage to resume operation.

Wish I had the basic package!
Old 02-13-2020, 08:25 AM   #23
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad R View Post

Plus its just for fun inventing and tinkering..
Got it! Nothing wrong with that! Good luck. I'm not so electrically minded engineered!

Someday we may be taking a rocket-space ship to the moon for a weekend camp out! Who knows?
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #24
Chad R
Established Member

M.O.C. #25606
Just quick update here. We are still waiting on the boards. Pretty much all shipments from china are delayed due to the Corona-virus so We will pick back up on this project when we get them in.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:34 PM   #25
Powerman

M.O.C. #21284
First response for me. Your idea is sound but you forgot one detail. Unless you change all of the switches to double throw and add the wiring like household three way switches the manual switch and your control will fight each other. One on,the other has no control. The complexity continues as owners want the little red lighted switches, do they make SPDT in this configuration? I don’t believe so.

Good luck! Can anyone say Arduino or Raspberry Pie.
Powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #26
Chad R
Established Member

M.O.C. #25606
To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
First response for me. Your idea is sound but you forgot one detail. Unless you change all of the switches to double throw and add the wiring like household three way switches the manual switch and your control will fight each other. One on,the other has no control. The complexity continues as owners want the little red lighted switches, do they make SPDT in this configuration? I don’t believe so.

Good luck! Can anyone say Arduino or Raspberry Pie.
If the remote box relays are turned off you should still be able to use your panel switches, but if the remote relays are turned on they will keep power on till you turn them off at the relays through the controller. None of these are lit switches either from the factory but the remote board has leds so you can see what's on and off at a glance and don't need to go in to the panel. The idea here is once powered up you don't need the factory switches anymore but you still have them as backup to control. Folks with incommand don't even have switches so your stuck with the screen for some functions.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #27
Chad R
Established Member

M.O.C. #25606
The boards arrived yesterday. Hopefully get some tests going soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200308_093629_253.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	5753