RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #61
Glades
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Moore Haven
Posts: 9
M.O.C. #26789
The discounts start Monday 23rd.
From their website...
“Cyber Monday Deals Starting on 11/23 – 12/07! Save $50.00 on our New EasyTouch RV Thermostat using discount code CMETRV or $35.00 off on our popular EasyStart 364 Soft Starter for RV using CMEASY during checkout.
Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #62
jsb5717
Montana Master
 
jsb5717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 620
M.O.C. #23668
I just ordered the TStat today using the discount code. Worked well. Looking forward to installing and using.
__________________

Jeff & Sandi (and Teddy - 7lb Schnorkie)
2018 Montana HC 305RL / Andersen Ultimate Hitch on B&W Ball
2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 SRW / AMP Power Running Boards / Air Bags
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:57 PM   #63
Tom N OH
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Edgerton
Posts: 195
M.O.C. #17678
Just ordered ours. The discount code worked. Thanks for the heads up.
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #64
whitesub93
Seasoned Camper
 
whitesub93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Waco
Posts: 68
M.O.C. #22946
Ordered mine today. Discount code worked and it says 3 day delivery time. Now we wait.
__________________
2012 3582RL Big Sky, Onan Gen, Solar Panels
2015 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4
whitesub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #65
sourdough
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Lamesa
Posts: 501
M.O.C. #26010
Micro Air Question for those with a heat pump

I am having an anomaly with the new MicroAir thermostat. The heat pump stops working (just blows semi cool air) and the stat freezes up when the outdoor temps get to be around 45 degrees or colder. The screen on the stat only lets you select heat pump operation or the one for the heat pump/AC operation. I have to turn it off, go to settings, do factory reset and then I can go through all the options including turning on the furnace.

I thought it might be something to do with the heat pump but when we first bought the trailer did our maiden checkout trip (3 days) with nights in the mid/upper 30s and the heat pump worked just fine with the Dometic stat. Just curious if anyone has had an issue like that with their new MicroAir or have used it in cooler temps without issue. I'm working with tech support for MicroAir but it is a slow process.
__________________
Danny and Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram Laramie 3500 6.4 4x4 CC 4.10 SRW
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #66
Ronaldg
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Beaumont
Posts: 4
M.O.C. #27639
thanks for posting this. I have the same problem. I am going to replace mine. Thanks for adding the link.
Ronaldg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #67
raygreg
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Renton
Posts: 42
M.O.C. #23813
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I am having an anomaly with the new MicroAir thermostat. The heat pump stops working (just blows semi cool air) and the stat freezes up when the outdoor temps get to be around 45 degrees or colder. The screen on the stat only lets you select heat pump operation or the one for the heat pump/AC operation. I have to turn it off, go to settings, do factory reset and then I can go through all the options including turning on the furnace.

I thought it might be something to do with the heat pump but when we first bought the trailer did our maiden checkout trip (3 days) with nights in the mid/upper 30s and the heat pump worked just fine with the Dometic stat. Just curious if anyone has had an issue like that with their new MicroAir or have used it in cooler temps without issue. I'm working with tech support for MicroAir but it is a slow process.
I sent you a private message
raygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #68
sourdough
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Lamesa
Posts: 501
M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygreg View Post
I sent you a private message

Got it and thanks.
__________________
Danny and Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram Laramie 3500 6.4 4x4 CC 4.10 SRW
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:25 PM   #69
Wolffden
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Pleasant View
Posts: 9
M.O.C. #22233
Thanks for all the info, we just ordered ours!
Wolffden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #70
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 54
M.O.C. #22453
MicroAire thermostat install

Installed my 2 (451) last weekend and all went well and very easy. If you dont want to cut wires off the old Dometic and strip for the new one, take a very small flat screwdriver.

In 2.5 years of owning my 2019 3731, the ACs never worked correctly, with the usual issues of fans cutting off, short cycling, only runs on high, stops cooling etc. These new thermostat make it work perfect so far except for only issue is that the compressor in the rear heat pump unit (which I had never used before) runs a long time (5 to 10 minutes), makes the typical heat pump pressure change sound, then the fan comes on.

On a side issue, I also had problems with never knowing if the residential AC would stay on when on battery, as the inverter is mounted sideways and upside down such that the display cant be read. After 2 trips of having warm food in the refer, I just stopped using it unless on shore power. I also tried to turn the thing off while not using the RV (in stays plugged into shore power) but could not. Discovered the Kitchen 2 breaker cuts off the refer along with a few outlets and you have disable or unplug power to the transfer switch
__________________
Greg H.
San Antonio, TX
2019 3731 w/20K GooseBox, 2007 F350 Crew cab TD
(I know - am working on more tow capacity)
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:21 PM   #71
whitesub93
Seasoned Camper
 
whitesub93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Waco
Posts: 68
M.O.C. #22946
Got my t-stat and since I had the Dometic CCC2 it was just unplugging The phone-type jack on the old one and plugging into the new one and mounting it. Works great, but did take a little time connecting to wi/fi. So far works as it should.
__________________
2012 3582RL Big Sky, Onan Gen, Solar Panels
2015 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4
whitesub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:00 PM   #72
sourdough
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Lamesa
Posts: 501
M.O.C. #26010
As an update on my prior post about the anomaly with my MicrAir stat replacement for the CT;

I worked days with the MicroAir techs to get my issue resolved. Kudos to those folks; they answered my emails, worked with me etc. after hours and on weekends - don't see that much anymore. Found some bugs that they have fixed and according to another of our members having the exact same issues it resolved his problems.

They sent me a new stat this morning so I will have it soon. I could not download the required updates due to the wifi setup in this resort. The do not support browserless devices so the stat could not connect and update - they needed the mac address. I could not get that without an update hence the new thermostat on the way. But? Those guys said going forward they are going to include the mac address with the thermostats for a situation like this! Plus, I mentioned it would be nice to have the MicroAir switch from heat pump to furnace when the heat pump shuts down to cold temps - they are working on that mod as well! Great folks.
__________________
Danny and Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram Laramie 3500 6.4 4x4 CC 4.10 SRW
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:42 PM   #73
sbemis611
Established Member
 
sbemis611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bainbridge Island
Posts: 15
M.O.C. #17705
Thumbs up Great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
As an update on my prior post about the anomaly with my MicrAir stat replacement for the CT;

I worked days with the MicroAir techs to get my issue resolved. Kudos to those folks; they answered my emails, worked with me etc. after hours and on weekends - don't see that much anymore. Found some bugs that they have fixed and according to another of our members having the exact same issues it resolved his problems.

They sent me a new stat this morning so I will have it soon. I could not download the required updates due to the wifi setup in this resort. The do not support browserless devices so the stat could not connect and update - they needed the mac address. I could not get that without an update hence the new thermostat on the way. But? Those guys said going forward they are going to include the mac address with the thermostats for a situation like this! Plus, I mentioned it would be nice to have the MicroAir switch from heat pump to furnace when the heat pump shuts down to cold temps - they are working on that mod as well! Great folks.

Sourdough, You beat me to the request on the switch over from Heat Pump to furnace, so cool they are working on that, that will be huge!
__________________
Steve Bemis

2018 Montana 3560RL
2015 Ford F350 6.7 B&W Companion
sbemis611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #74
jsb5717
Montana Master
 
jsb5717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 620
M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
As an update on my prior post about the anomaly with my MicrAir stat replacement for the CT;

I worked days with the MicroAir techs to get my issue resolved. Kudos to those folks; they answered my emails, worked with me etc. after hours and on weekends - don't see that much anymore. Found some bugs that they have fixed and according to another of our members having the exact same issues it resolved his problems.

They sent me a new stat this morning so I will have it soon. I could not download the required updates due to the wifi setup in this resort. The do not support browserless devices so the stat could not connect and update - they needed the mac address. I could not get that without an update hence the new thermostat on the way. But? Those guys said going forward they are going to include the mac address with the thermostats for a situation like this! Plus, I mentioned it would be nice to have the MicroAir switch from heat pump to furnace when the heat pump shuts down to cold temps - they are working on that mod as well! Great folks.

So, in theory, the updates will be able to be downloaded with the right setup?
__________________

Jeff & Sandi (and Teddy - 7lb Schnorkie)
2018 Montana HC 305RL / Andersen Ultimate Hitch on B&W Ball
2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 SRW / AMP Power Running Boards / Air Bags
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:46 PM   #75
sourdough
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Lamesa
Posts: 501
M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
So, in theory, the updates will be able to be downloaded with the right setup?

All new updates are downloaded through the thermostat app. Connect to the stat, connect it to the wifi, select check for updates - really smooth if you don't have the kind of setup we are in right now...but they are fixing that.
__________________
Danny and Susan wife of 53 years
2019 Ram Laramie 3500 6.4 4x4 CC 4.10 SRW
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×