Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2022, 02:38 PM   #1
LilRedLX92
Established Member

M.O.C. #31315
3911 FB Door gap question

Maybe I am asking a stupid question, but isn’t this a lot of gap at the bottom of the door on this bathroom door? I know you need airflow, but just seems excessive to me. Might be good fun to joke about people tapping their feet as they do their business I guess!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Wondering if I can just get something to cover the gap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1376A5A6-F691-482D-BB4D-7543BFDE18AB.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	13133   Click image for larger version

Name:	0B867B9A-BD24-4AF0-8DD7-8031F52F05CE.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	13134  

LilRedLX92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:17 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
LilRed - we have the same gap under our half bath door...but we actually leave the door partially open during the hot months because with the door closed we can make ice in that bathroom. By leaving the door partially open (at night and when not in use) we spread some of that cold-air-love to the bedroom and the living room. Bottom line - as big as the door undercut is - our bathroom holds too much cold air.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:50 PM   #3
Skw774
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20974
Our bunkhouse has the same gap. Measure twice cut once?

2023 GMC 2500 HD AT4
2018 High Country 340BH
Skw774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:56 PM   #4
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Keystone just wants to make sure the door doesn't drag and damage the floor. LOL
We don't have a Montana, but our Half Bath is an optional Walk-In Butler's Pantry and we have the same gap at the bottom of the door. Just how it is, I don't lose any sleep over it.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:43 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We have the same gap on the bathroom door and the bedroom door. We actually realized this the hard way, when one time we REALLY needed to lock the cat up in the bed room for a few minutes and just as fast as we shut the door, he slipped UNDER it! We hadn't noticed how big the gap was until then. We ended up shoving the cat in the shower and shut the shower door on him since the bathroom door had the same gap.

Fast forward, the cat disappeared at home after 11 years. We think a coyote got him. I refuse to get another cat now. I can't stand to get attached to another one. Our two little doggies are enough to handle now anyway.

But yep, that gap seems to be the way the manufacturer like it. My guess is, for every door they make, they can save about 3 inches off the bottom. If they take about 24 door, they'll have enough material to make one more door..... you know, any way to squeeze more money out of the consumer without them realizing it. You've heard of short sheeting someone in their bed? Well, the RV manufacturers seem to like to short door their clientele!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #6
LilRedLX92
Established Member

M.O.C. #31315
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
We have the same gap on the bathroom door and the bedroom door. We actually realized this the hard way, when one time we REALLY needed to lock the cat up in the bed room for a few minutes and just as fast as we shut the door, he slipped UNDER it! We hadn't noticed how big the gap was until then. We ended up shoving the cat in the shower and shut the shower door on him since the bathroom door had the same gap.

Fast forward, the cat disappeared at home after 11 years. We think a coyote got him. I refuse to get another cat now. I can't stand to get attached to another one. Our two little doggies are enough to handle now anyway.

But yep, that gap seems to be the way the manufacturer like it. My guess is, for every door they make, they can save about 3 inches off the bottom. If they take about 24 door, they'll have enough material to make one more door..... you know, any way to squeeze more money out of the consumer without them realizing it. You've heard of short sheeting someone in their bed? Well, the RV manufacturers seem to like to short door their clientele!
I know you are right!!!!! LOL
LilRedLX92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:27 PM   #7
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Our Bath Room Pocket Door is the same, so I made a 3 sided channel that will fit in the door opening and let the Pocket Door close so we could confine our two Cats in the Bath Room if needed.