Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Lippert Hydraulic Pump Leaking

My '04 Montana 3295RK has 3 slides that all go out sequentially (usually lightest one first and heaviest last).

It has a Lippert pump with a plastic reservoir held to one end with 4 machine screws.

It started leaking a couple of years ago, I THINK from the seal between the reservoir and the aluminum pump housing. There is an o-ring there.

I called Lippert and they told me just to clean it up well and use some RTV sealant of some sort on the o-ring to seal it up.

Still leaking! It makes a hell of a mess in my front compartment, leaking on top of the battery box. Takes a whole season to leak out, but still irks me!

Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to stop it? I cannot seem to find the o-ring by looking by application. It is obviously quite large.

Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:03 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This was an infrequent problem back in the day. A member MINF used to work for Lippert on the hydraulic systems side and he was invaluable. You should do a Search on "hydraulic tank leak" or variations. There has to be past history about this problem.

Just to show you, this Thread https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=68887 is a recent one about the seal in a 2004 Montana. It should be a good start.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:12 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
My 2007 did that for about the last 10 yrs I owned it. Not enough to ever need to add any fluid but enough to pool a little and make a mess on the tray under it. I just put a couple of those thick blue paper towels in the tray to soak it up and cleaned it off every year. Looked like a significant leak but reservoir was still showing half full with all slides out when I sold it.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:15 AM   #4
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Thanks for the replies guys. I will search out that o- ring and try to fix it again when I get it home in a few weeks.
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote