Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2021, 04:38 PM   #21
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I'm sure you checked but remember, the Hydraulic pump for the disc brakes put out 1600 psi.

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:50 AM   #22
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I'm sure you checked but remember, the Hydraulic pump for the disc brakes put out 1600 psi.
And it does it in a split second to.
That`s whole different system I was speaking of the pump motor for the legs/kitchen slides.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:17 PM   #23
MOODY
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24936
Certainly don't know your expertise so if I suggest something you are already doing then disregard.
10K is way-way to early - need to look at truck/trailer or driving habits.

I set up the brake controller by placing transmission in drive from complete stop, releasing the brakes and as the truck starts rolling (without any use of the accelerator) I apply the brakes through the controller set at 2 or 3. If the truck/trailer doesn't completely stop I stop, set the controller to a higher setting and retest. Goal is to have the brake controller at the lowest setting that the truck/trailer will stop completely using the controller only.
I have a Ford F350 with engine brake option and use it religiously.
I use the transmission manual downshift when coasting to stop with the engine brake controller on. I have had people following me that thought my brake lights were defective till the brakes were applied at approx 5 mph.
My goal is to come to a complete stop without any brake application each and every time - impossible but I need not apply brakes till 5-10 mph except for unexpected situations.
Mountain driving I am in a gear that that the engine brake controller is holding my speed going down the mountain - I don't have to ride the brakes to hold my speed.
I am pulling a 3701LK, 110 gallon additional fuel tank pulling a 12' trailer with my side-side behind the RV and still no braking required unless unexpected.
GOOD LUCK !

Kevin & Pat Moody
2020 Montana 3701LK, Legacy Package, Satellite, Solar, Generator, 2019 Ford F350 Dually, BD5F Trailer Saver, 12' Trailer with Kayak Rack, Polaris General XP 4 1000
MOODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:22 AM   #24
Hit The Road
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27454
There has to be some other issue taking place here (besides the price gouging). We put over 80,000 miles on our 2010 and never even had to change a brake pad and have about 30,000 on our 2017 and again very little wear. Both were installed when we got our IS installed at Morryde so not the same brakes, but still.

I can't see your signature, what coach do you have?
What vehicle do you use to pull? And what is your brake controller set at?

Thanks in advance!!
Hit The Road is offline   Reply With Quote